cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to change warning "& is marked for deletion" to a hard error

Former Member
0 Kudos

As part of our periodic update of our bank directory in transaction BAUP, Bank Keys which are no longer valid are marked for deletion. We are not at the point where we are archiving records yet, so the actual deletion has not occurred in our system.

When an HR user updates a person's bank information (transaction PA20 or PA30, InfoType 09), if they enter one of these bank keys, they are given a warning that the bank key is marked for deletion. However, this is not a hard stop, only a warning message. As a result, they are able to save the record with an invalid bank key. The details indicate that this is message class F4, message 230. However, it appears from the IMG that it may be message 210. I have tried working with each of them.

I have attempted to change the message to a hard error in message control, but have not been able to do so. I receive an error telling me that "Message 230 (or 210) is not allowed". I have tried several application areas, including FV, Electronic Banking Messages.

Is there any way in configuration to change this to a hard error? If so, please supply details, including application area.

Also, are there risks of disruption of standard business processes if we do change this to a hard error? I know that this same message is issued for other master data elements which are marked for deletion such as GL accounts or Customer records,

Thank you.

I have searched forums with terms "marked for deletion" and "warning" but have not found an answer. I have also searched various outside expert forums on this topic. Everything I have seen seems to assume that this message will be a warning only.

Aoife B.

Edited by: Aoife Bratton on Oct 16, 2008 4:16 PM

Edited by: Aoife Bratton on Oct 16, 2008 4:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member348872
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If particular message is not allowed in OBA5, then it is not configurable message. Neverthless if you like to change this message, you need to configure this in OBMSG first