cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Favorites and Default Toolbar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We are publishing BW reports to the portal and all is going somewhat smoothly so far. Current issue we can't figure out and can't find an answer in our searching here is:

1. We do not see Portal Favorites section in Portal. We have in upper left a section called detailed navigation that has our BW reports, but underneath there is no Portal favorites. Shouldn't this be displayed there?

2. We also do not have a Portal toolbar displayed either? I've seen other portal solutions where there is a toolbar that has, among other things, a print to pdf, save, save as, save to portal favorites

What are we missing?

Thanks,

CM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CM,

As already mentioned above, the Portal Favorites iView is displayed in the navigation panel if the following prerequisites are met:

- Knowledge Management is installed on your system.

- You administrator has activated the Add to Portal Favorites property. This entry is displayed in the options menu of your page title bar.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/3a/d609e5803111d5992f00508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

Portal favourites is an iview and you can find it as mentioned below:

1) Portal Favorites iView

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f3/00e3646ac44e99ab11cf73ab920bfb/frameset.htm

The above links should guide you setup the Portal favourites when you have the prerequisities met.

Hope that helps and award points for heplful suggestion.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ray,

We do have KM installed. I will assign full resolved points.

I see the Tool Area iView and also the Page Title Bar iView, still nothing, though not really sure what to change in these iViews?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CM,

As suggested, kindly try changing the properties of the toolbar iView by editing the the default framework page.

Regards,

Anagha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CM,

Sry as I'm in a different project (non-Portal) at the moment and has limited time and access in Portal. I will try my best to guide you with the below.

Try to access the below link and checkout "Integration" and "Activities".

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1e/62eae2357c4596bda2476d0a6503e3/frameset.htm

In the "Integration" part, checkout the portal framework page and see if Portal Favorites iView are there.

In the "Activities" part, set the properities mentioned.

You should be able to see the Favourites iview after follwing the setup mentioned above.

Hope that helps

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ray,

We are so stuck. We have absolutley followed your links and set the appropriate properties. Still no Portal favorites. Do we need to use Portal pages or assign some particular role? What else could we be missing. Sorry, we have no Portal consultant and are now stuck.

Any additional help would be apprecaited.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok CM,

Go to the TLN and click on Content Administartion->Portal Content. In the detail navigation (left of your screen), expand the folder structure: Portal content->Content Provided by SAP->End User Content->Standard Portal Users->iViews->com.sap.km.iviews. There you will find the Portal Favourites iview.

What you can do, delta-link the Portal Favourites iview into the Page that you want your user to see the Portal Fovourites. The page that you create should provide you with the layout you want your users to see. of course, make sure the Page is in a workset or a role that is assigned to users.

Click on the below link and you can see a sample structure of where the Portal iview should be on a page.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1e/62eae2357c4596bda2476d0a6503e3/frameset.htm

Hope that helps and it works for you (should be as Portal Favourites iview comes in standard Portal installation. Normally they appear under "Home").

P.S: Maybe you want to reopen or create a new post, if unsuccessful (doubt it), so that others can also provide you some assistance as I'm in CET .

Ray

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CM,

Have you installed KM? The Portal Favorites iView is available only after you have installed Knowledge Management.

The Portal Favorites iView is displayed in the navigation panel if the following prerequisites are met:

1. Knowledge Management is installed on your system.

2. Your administrator has activated the Add to Portal Favorites property.

To answer your second query: Tool Area iView is assigned to the default framework page, but is by default in a hidden state. To display it, change the property of this iView by editing it in the default framework page.

Regards,

Anagha