cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: CMS URL (CE 7.1: Productive / Standard Installation)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the following error just after installing /CE ( SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 SR5 on Windows 😞

Configuration Wizard: Overview /

Change Management Service (CMS): Create an Application Skeleton /

Step 8 of 39: Request Change Management Service /

Specify the Change Management Service you want to use for the creation of an application skeleton.

CMS URL: ???

Would you know what is wrong? Or how can I fix this manually?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Change Management Service (CMS) is part of NWDI.

CE 7.1 SR5 does not have NWDI included in it(It was included in Enhancement Package 1).

The configuration template you're running is preparing an application sceleton (things needed for the change management, build, etc of a new application) in your NWDI system.

The wizard is therefore asking you to provide URL for the system where CMS is running (should be remote system since CE does not have NWDI)

HTH!

Best regards, dido

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have installed EHP1 for SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.1 but its still giving me the same error

how do i rectify this can some one tell me

Regards

JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I have already CE 7.1 SP5, and the only EHP available is "SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0", the title says it applies for NW7.0, so it doesn´t looks like I need it. (also it looks like the older versions are above and newer below, chech Reference below).

Would you please confirm that this one is the EHP you are suggesting?

Thanks,

Hugo

REFERENCE:

https://websmp109.sap-ag.de/instguides

SAP SW distribution Center

Download

Installations and upgrades

Entry by application group

SAP newtweaver

SAP netweaver

SAP ehp1 for sap nw 7.0

OPTIONS

SAP NETWEAVER

• SAP NETWEAVER 04

• SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

• SAP EHP1 FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

• SAP NETWEAVER CE 7.1

• SAP NETWEAVER MOBILE 7.1

• SAP NETWEAVER PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John, please check my answer above, as it is related to your question. Cheers. Hugo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you need is SAP EHP1 for SAP NW CE 7.1. The problem probably is that EHP1 is not yet in general availability - ramp-up should start this month. I guess you have to be registered for the ramp-up in order to see it.

Otherwise if and you doubt that wrong permissions are assigned to your S-user you might want to contact someone for permissions (try http://service.sap.com/super-admins )

BTW what does this "R5" in the brackets stand for?

Best regards, dido

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dido,

I mean SP5, not R5. Cheers.

Hugo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have upgraded to the next release (Ramp Up).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hugo,

please check the following document for setting NWDI for developments on the CE system.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7014086d-3fd9-2910-80bd-be341781...

Regards,

Yasar