Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Alert macro- Actions

Hi,

While creating a macro, I drag and drop the Alert/status function and in the window that popsup, The first section is a drop down box fo "Action" with values

Add

Delete

Delete in context

Update

Update in context

I am trying to understand these, particularly the "delete", "delete in context".

Example: Stock< safety stock then generate alert

Please correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that if you select Add, the alerts are never deleted but just added all the time. I mean the first time the stock < safety stock, an alert is generated.if it happens, then another alert is generated without deleting the first one.. and so on and on....

I am trying to interpret the other actions. What does delete and delete in context do? they delete the previous alert before new one???

Thanks.

replied

Hello,

As far as I understand,

the option "Delete" actually deletes all the alerts which are already existing for the selection irrespective of the time horizon.

e.g.: Stock< safety stock then generate alert, it will delete all existing alerts for the specific product/ location throughout the horizon.

and

the option "Delete in context" deletes the alerts which are existing for the specific selection id with specific horizon.

e.g.: Stock< safety stock then generate alert, it will delete all existing alerts for the specific product/ location say for next 3 months.

When you select "Add" it wont ask you about the different planning book and macro of that planning book but it asks you about the priority as Error, warning, information.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Prafulla

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question