cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert macro- Actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While creating a macro, I drag and drop the Alert/status function and in the window that popsup, The first section is a drop down box fo "Action" with values

Add

Delete

Delete in context

Update

Update in context

I am trying to understand these, particularly the "delete", "delete in context".

Example: Stock< safety stock then generate alert

Please correct me if I am wrong but my understanding is that if you select Add, the alerts are never deleted but just added all the time. I mean the first time the stock < safety stock, an alert is generated.if it happens, then another alert is generated without deleting the first one.. and so on and on....

I am trying to interpret the other actions. What does delete and delete in context do? they delete the previous alert before new one???

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I understand,

the option "Delete" actually deletes all the alerts which are already existing for the selection irrespective of the time horizon.

e.g.: Stock< safety stock then generate alert, it will delete all existing alerts for the specific product/ location throughout the horizon.

and

the option "Delete in context" deletes the alerts which are existing for the specific selection id with specific horizon.

e.g.: Stock< safety stock then generate alert, it will delete all existing alerts for the specific product/ location say for next 3 months.

When you select "Add" it wont ask you about the different planning book and macro of that planning book but it asks you about the priority as Error, warning, information.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Prafulla

Answers (0)