cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial payment tab problem when clearing two open items in vendor account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have the problem with partial payment procedure.

As SAP is presenting the process, partial payment should work as follows (i.e. with vendor):

1. Incoming invoice is posted -> Credit -100

2. Credit note is posted -> Debit +20

3. Payment (without clearing) is posted to vendor account -> Debit +50

I'll run transaction F-44 and go to tab "Partial payment".

I see 3 items (as above).

I mark Item -100 and +20

I double click in filed next to -100 and it changes to -20

An now it should make no posting but only assignemet of one item to another.

But in my case, if I click "save" icon, it makes postings Debit 20 and Credit -20 on vendor account.

Is there any possibility that such clearing will not generate any posting but just make assignement of one item to another. Or maybe there is something wrongly configured in the system. At the moment the partial payment makes some kind of residual items.

Thanks in advance for replay.

Best regards

Greg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anybody solution to this?

former_member212013
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If Document Splitting is active, SAP always generates posting line items in account clearing (TCODE FB03, F-44, F-32 etc.)

Please check the note 950773.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

As I see the document splitting is inactive. Any idea what to do in case we want only document header to generated during clearing (especially partial clearing).

Thanx and best regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, it's right, whenever we clear vendor or custmoer account, the system creates document, but as I remeber from other instalations, the document had header but there was no postings.

It case described, the system creates posting:

40 Vendor 20 EUR

50 Vendor 20 EUR

This is strange for me. As ther should be clearing document but with no postings.

Have you got any idea how to configure the system, so partial payment tab in clearing transactions creates clearing document but with no phisical postings.

Best regards

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Could please sent the entry created by the system?

For the infomation F-44 is clearing the vendor account and whenever we clear the vendor account system will create the clearing document. It is not related to any system config. Sap genrate the clearing document when we clear the vendor or customer account.

Regards,

Bhadresh