Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

meaning of an operator in ABAP

former_member487858
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I have encountered this statement in a standard ABAP program.

What is the meaning of this operator.

if plock CA "2".

Can any one explain the meaning of this operator.

Thanks,

Shree

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

CA is Contains Any.

Thanks,

Senthil

13 REPLIES 13

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Place your cursor on "CA". Press F1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CA is Contains Any.

Thanks,

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It means Contains any..

If the variable PLOCK contains any of the value mentioned in '2'...Then the condition will be true..

ALso please check F1 help for details.

THanks

Naren

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tell the guy to search. That way, he learns how to find out for himself. You just tell him the answer.

Nice.

0 Kudos

see and you got 2 points vs 10 for the one who spoonfed the OP

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Man - delete the thread. It's worth 2 points to keep the forums clean and useful. You've not been around here long, but I like your style - ex (or current) SAPFans?

0 Kudos

am around for a while, switched companies and didnt care about the points to link to the older user ids. As you mention SAPFAns, do you remember the MIT Listserv -- that was the first community for SAP consultants

0 Kudos

> am around for a while, switched companies and didnt care about the points to link to the older user ids.

Regardless of the ponits, it can be usefull for navigation to merge the accounts.

You can send an umail to sdn@sap.com to request this.

Cheers,

Julius

former_member487858
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for asking that question without using F1.

Hereafter I will do that before I post the question

Thanks

Shree

0 Kudos

i saw many of your posts they are silly ones. you always asks one question related to Archiving. i remember the question you asked. Do some self research along with F1 help and saphelp documentation.

0 Kudos

>

> Sorry for asking that question without using F1.

>

> Hereafter I will do that before I post the question

>

> Thanks

>

> Shree

Good man (or woman) Keep it up! I've no problem with beginners needing to learn, but you learn most effectively what you find out yourself.

0 Kudos

Thanks. Matt for your concern in making others to learn.

Again thanks for giving advice without hurting others.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shall we add this to the sticky thread at the top of the forum? => the revelation of the F1 key and which reactions can be expected if the (fair) assumption that it has been used before asking questions turns out to be false.