cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between SMD and Wily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I just want to know the difference between Wily and SMD and what would be the justification for installing Wily Introscope on Solution Manager server?

Does Wily require a seperate hardware or could we install it on our Solution Manager system?

Also if anyone could list me brief steps for SMD Configuration, it would be really helpful!

Thank You,

Antarpreet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

wily can be installed on Solman. wily & smd agents both collect data for non - abap systems and is used for EWA.

Before installing smd agents, install Wily IntroscopeEM.

Installation - Uncar the smd file and start the sapinst.

Input the parameters, if u have multiple hosts u can change the instance number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kobby,

Thanks for the inputs!

Can we say that SMD agents need to be installed in the satellite system and Wily need to be installed on solution manager?

Also, What is the configuration that needs to be done on /smd url link in solution manager?

We have in total of 4 GB RAM on Solution Manager box. Would the same system be able to the load of Wily Introscope as well?

Thank You,

Antarpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kobby,

One more clarification, could we say that Wily is just for meant for providing EWA Non Abap reporting with Graphics and SMD would provide Non-Abap EWA reporting without Graphics?

And do Wily and SMD applications complement each other or supplement each other?

Thanks Again!

Antarpreet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wily Introscope is designed by CA - third party tool but recognised by SAP for Java related monitoring like Workload monitor, CPU utilisation etc..

SAP Note 797147 and to download this please follow the link

sap service market place> download>installtion and upgrades --> sap tech component -->sap sol manager --> sap solman 4.0 --> solman diagnostics -->wily introscope agent 7

or raise a CSS message under XX-Part-Wily

Yes, it comes with Graphical representation as well.

You can view this appln via wily introscope web view or wily introscope workstation .

In Root Cause Analysis problem you can use wily introscope transaction trace.

Please let me know if you need more detail about it.

Thank you,

Tilak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tilak,

Thanks for the information!

I still ahve doubts whether Wily and SMD Agents work together or both these utilitiles complement each other! Can we go in for Wily installation and do not configure SMD agents and vice-versa!

Thanks Again!

Antarpreet