cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

item description mixed up

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i have a strange problem. i see that there are two items which have their descriptions mixed up. the description comes up correctly on the sales order. however, they are interchanged on the delivery screen. it is interchanged in the picklist as well. why would this be?

i tried to delete the item but that is not possible either. i have closed all the open transactions as well. is there no way to delete an item even if it has all transactions closed?

hope someone can help.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. You can not delete any items if they have transactions.

Please remember any changes applied to item master may not be reflected in the sales document that already created.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

gordon...

i think you just may be right. the user could have created the change after the sales order was created and that could have caused the problem. let me check

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

You can check any changes were made in the Description field in the Change Log for that Item in the Item Master Data.

The same if done would be in between the Sales Order date and the Delievery.

Regards,

Jitin

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prem,

A change in the Item Master description does not affect the document once they are created.

When you create the Sales Order..the description existing at that time is taken from the Item Master and stored in the dscription field on the Sales Order lines...the same will get copied to the delivery when you copy the Sales Order to Delivery..

the Delivery does not pick any updated information from the Item Master.

NOTE: It is always possible to change the description in the marketing document. When you change the name in the marketing document and PRESS CTRL+Tab...what you have changed is what will be in that document which could be completely different than the Master.

There are many possibilities

Answers (0)