cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Admin_Optimize - Selecting more than one app

Former Member
0 Kudos

BPC 5.1 SP3

Is there an issue with running the admin_optimize package with multiple apps (separated with commas)? This has worked in versions prior to 5.1 SP3.

I'm getting an "error" when I try to run the admin_optimize (out-of-box) package with more than one application specified. The error message says "entry is not valid....available options are: Consolidation".

This is my input at the "What application would you like to optimize" prompt:

consolidation,rate,finance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Usually our recommendation is 40000. But it is depending also about the capacity of your database server. Any way 40k is a good value for all servers.

Regards

Sorin Radulescu

james_lim
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I found this issue and here is a solution.

Please copy a new package from apshell after you install latest service pack.

There was a problem in the pacakge prompt command. Actually it is a kind of typo.

You can find it easily,

Edata -> organize package list -> select admin_optimize and right click -> modify package -> click view package button (2nd button beside file textbox) -> Click Advanced -> Search first prompt command.

If there are two comma in front of %APP_List%, remove one of them and save.

It will work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, James...but, I wasn't able to get this to work. Maybe I'm missing something. The PROMPT text is below; I've removed the second comma from line 2 before %APP_LIST% as you mentioned. Then Saved changes, and tried to re-run. I get an error saying invalid application. Any ideas?

-

'DEBUG(ON)

PROMPT(TEXT,%Application%,"What application would you like to optimize? Please use a comma to specify a list of applicatoins.",%APP_LIST%)

PROMPT(RADIOBUTTON,%OPTIMIZEOPTION%,"What type of optimization would you like to perform? ",2,{{"Lite","Incremental","Full"}},{{"4","2","1"}})

PROMPT(RADIOBUTTON,%COMPRESSDATABASE%,"Do you want to compress the database?(Only applicable when performing a lite or full optimization).",0,{{"Yes","No"}},{{"1","0"}})

PROMPT(TEXT,%OptimizeMinWBCount% ,"Set a standard write-back size to start optimization",,)

TASK(Admin_Optimize,APPSET,%APPSET%)

TASK(Admin_Optimize,APP,%APP%)

TASK(Admin_Optimize,USERID,%USER%)

TASK(Admin_Optimize,PROCESSMODE,2)

TASK(Admin_Optimize,OptimizeMinWBCount,%OptimizeMinWBCount%)

TASK(ADMIN_OPTIMIZE,OPTIMIZEOPTION,%OPTIMIZEOPTION%)

TASK(Admin_Optimize,COMPRESSDATABASE,%COMPRESSDATABASE%)

TASK(Admin_Optimize,APPLICATIONLIST,%Application%)

-

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI, the variable needs to be changed from %APP_LIST% to %APPLICATIONLIST%. Removing the second comma and changing the variable name made the package work!

Thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great job finding the solution! Question: once you get past choosing the app it asks for a "standard writeback size". what did you use for the value? Thanks.