Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account ID & Alternative Account Number Info

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can some body help me in understanding the Following

a) What is AccountID in FI12 T-Code

b) What is the purpose of Alternative Account Number and how is it used.

It would be helpful if it could be explain with an illustration.

regards

Shirley.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your explanation on both the fields.I tried to read the help for Alternative Account number and apply on the configuration maintianed in the system, but it did not seem to bring out the true meaning. I would really appreciate if you could explain both the fields with an illustration so that I may be able to understand the complete functionality.

Thanks in advance,

Shirley.

Former Member
0 Kudos

a) Account ID is a 5-character ID with which you want to identify the bank account you are holding with your bank. For example, EURCA is a current a/c. maintained in currency EUR with the bank. This ID, along with the house bank ID, uniquely defines a bank account. This is the ID using which you set up bank determination in FBZP.

b) SAP help text on this field is quite explanatory. Here it goes...

Alternative Bank Acct Number (for Ambiguous Acct Number)

The alternative bank account number is used for distinguishing house bank accounts with identical account numbers. This can occur if a house bank manages accounts in different currencies using the same account number.

The alternative bank account number must then only be defined if it differs from the bank account number. You must maintain it together with the bank key in the system.

If you have house bank accounts with identical account numbers and use the electronic account statement for these accounts, then you enter the internal key used by your house bank here (usually the account number with attached currency encryption). If you use the manual account statement, then you can freely assign the alternative account number. Using bank account number + currency code is, however, recommended.