cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi everyone, to use the portal with many users using the same portal user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an another question is possible to use the portal with many users using the same portal user with diferent roles in the same time?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Israel,

You may open multiple sessions using the same user. However all the roles that are assigned to that user will be always visible. i.e. You can not see different roles if you login with the same user in multiple windows.

Also, the collaboration features will not be available if u create multiple sessions with the same user.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Anagha

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got ur quetion now.

but where this kind of situation has arrived.

can u give me example (for first login this roles and for second login this roles).

jayesh talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anagha, do you mean that is not possible to have the same user in tha same time in diferent terminals with diferents roles?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Israel,

It is possible to have same user logged in through differnt terminals or browser windows. However if there are say 10 roles assigned to that user, all 10 will be visible in all the windows. However you may open and work on different roles.. in the different windows.

Note that the real time collaboration features shall not be available if the same user logs in multiple times.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Anagha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

All the roles assgined to that user will be visible. If same

user is logging from mutilple bowsers , then multiple sessions will be created.

Thanks

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant, then is it possible to asign diferent roles in runtime at the same user in diferent session?, what will happen?

thanks

former_member192434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you are talking about Different portal user with different roles can login to the protal at a same time or not, yes it is possible to login and perform some sort of activity at a time.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your question isn't very clear. But if you meant that one user logins to the portal simultaneously through different terminals / browser sessions and should have different portal roles then it is not possible.

Thanks,

GLM