Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Ukrainean , Russian , English language Route Description

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have come across a very much unique situation out here as below:

1. I have created a Route in Development server {English as logon language} with English description.

2. Then maintained the Translation for this English description into Ukranian description.

3. Then transportated the changes to Regression Testing server.

4. Then user has logged into Regression Testing server with Russian Logon language --- because Ukrainian logon language is not installed in Regression.

5. Then user can see the same route {which was created in Dev with english,Ukrainian description} in Regression with Russian description !!! eventhough I have not maintained the translation from English to Russian in Dev server.

6. Then, I have created one more route in Dev with ONLY English description.

7. Transported the same to Regression.

8. Then user log on in Regression with Russian logon language {as before}

9. Now, user sees this route with Ukrainian description !!! eventhough I have not maintained the English to Ukrainian translation in Dev.

Now, I have a workaround in this case... I am not maintaining the English to Ukrainian translation in Dev and transporting the same to Regression... the reason for this is User wants the description of the routes in Ukrainian Language only...

But, my query is how come system is behaving in such a weired way ??? can anyone explain the Logic behind this???

Do let me know if you need some more clarity.

Await your valuable inputs.

Hrishi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

possibly ur testing server is of ECC 6.0 which is compatible to all languages even when it is maintained for an unique language.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Everything is on 4.7 version.

Await inputs from you all.

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awaiting response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am not able to understand one thing is that NO ONE is responding to this query !!!

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Awaiting response...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Found out the reason myself... hence closing this thread...

Hrishi