cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

main window

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

What is the function of main window in smartforms. I understand that overflowing data has to be incorporated in main windows so that it can roll onto several pages. Is there any other purpose for main window? Can i have more than 1 main window in a smartform. I tried having a main window in all 3 pages of my smartform , but only the main window of page 1 was printed and main window on page 2 & 3 was ignored? why is it so?

Thanks for going thro my post & awaiting your expert feedback.

Bye.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

1) What is the function of main window in smartforms.

Ans: I understand that overflowing data has to be incorporated in main windows so that it can roll onto several pages.

2) Is there any other purpose for main window?

Ans: No

3) Can i have more than 1 main window in a smartform.

Ans:Yes But with same dimensions in other page also

Regards

Jana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for replying.

I understand that there can be more than one main window in a smartform. I defined 3 main windows in 3 different pages. Each main window has different texts attached to it. But only the text of main window on page 1 is printed, it seems like main windows 2 & 3 are ignored completely. Why is it so ? If this is the expected behaviour of smartform then what is the purpose of defining more than 1 windows.

Awaiting your expert feedback.

Regards,

Mac.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mac zay,

Scripts maintains 99 mainwindows .

Smartforms maintains only one Main window.

Regards,

Sravanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mac,

are u using the condition for Triggering next page command i.e, NEW-PAGE command .

if are not using this condition.

then put a condition at end of main window of the first page.

use the command NEW-PAGE PAGE2.

similarly

in order to trigger the third page.

use the same command NEW-PAGE PAGE3.

after the end of the main window in the second page.

(note : PAGE2 & PAGE3 are the names of ur second & third page)

Thanks & Regards,

Rajesh k.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried that, i also created secondary windows on all three pages. I use a command node to trigger next pages. These are my observations,

1. The contents of both main & secondary windows of 1st page are displayed properly.

2. The contents of only secondary window of 2nd page are displayed. The contents of main window of 2nd page are ignored.

3. Both secondary & main windows of 3rd page are ignored. In fact third page is not triggered at all. This may have happpened because i've written the command node to goto 3rd page in main window of 2nd page and since the main window of 2nd page is not triggered , the third page is not called at all.

I hope my layman doubts are not bothering you all, but i need to get this confusion sorted out with your expertise.

Regards,

Mac.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello mac,

in smartforms just as well as in SAPScript just one main window ist allowed.

If you create a main window on another page it is an expansion of the first main window, which includes the same structure.

For each page you can set the "next page" attribute. So you can start with the first page which includes an header and a logo. if the overflowing data of the main window is to large for the first page smartforms calls the page of this attribute and carries on with the main window there. The default value of "next page" is set to the same window.

regards

Alex