cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When to use SAP MM vs. SRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can anyone please tell me when should a client use SAP MM vs. SAP SRM? advantages vs. disadvantages of each.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andrew,

In order for you to use SRM, you need to implement MM module.

Supplier Relationship management a webbased application where in all the Purchase Requestions generated by your firm will be open for your vendors, and based on the business process they will confirm purchase order on the web page which inturn update ERP system(In this case MM). and the updated information will be posted back to SRM.

In a nut shell, we cannot compare SRM & MM, as the two offer different functionality. SRM will add additional functionality on top of your ERP system bringing all the suppliers into one portal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I am an SRM consultant, so I know the advantages of using SRM but I do not have extensive MM experience. You are actually not correct that you cannot implement SRM with out MM. SRM has different implementation scenarios (classic, extended classic and standalone), in the standalone scenario of SRM SAP MM is not implemented.

I suppose the question I really should have asked is, when should a company choose to just implement the MM module alone, and when does it make sense to utilize SRM functionality.

Thanks.