cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with language after upgrade?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We did an upgrade from 4.6C to 6.0 and as part of the upgrade the spanish language was imported again. SMLT was runned after the upgrade so it finished the import of the language because the upgrade do not import the whole language because it takes too much time.

Now when I enter DB13, ST03N or some other transactions, i get a mix between Spanish, German and English only if I logged in spanish, if I login in English then everything works just fine.

I've been looking for SAP notes about this and don´t find anything, does anybody knows about a note in reference to this problem or know how to solve this?

In another upgrade from 4.5B to 6 the samethig happens but the client did not matter about this as they usually login in English to do administrative tasks.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem was solved with parameter zcsa/second_language = E

former_member194360
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AC

without being the expert, which would solve your topic... This is probably the following:

Each object in the system is assigned to a main language and different translation languages (i.e. a field name is available in 32 different languages). The translation level depends on the type of documentation.

The system (depending on the language settings) first tries to show you the translation, which corresponds to your login-language. If this translation is not available, then it goes back to the object in a main language (like English). A screen might then include Spanish and English Field names, or even "Placeholders".

In newly installed SAP ECC 6.0 systems, the first thing I would think about is, that you intend to shown an object, which is not translated, or that your language is not properpy installed, or that the language presentation vector of your system is not properly maintained, or that you have Unicode topics.

For a solution start into the following direction

- on service.sap.com/globalization (language information and media library) find out more about the langauge concept, and the translation aspects for the different objects/ languages

- Consider the MDMP/ Unicode topic.

- In the system check the language settings and language import status

- regarding upgrade/ unicode start witht he recommenations in the upgrade master guide SAP ERP 6.0, or the information at service.sap.com/unicode@sap.

regards,

Andreas R

albert_vivesleal
Explorer
0 Kudos

I performed the same upgrade as you done.

When the PREPARE o SAPUP (i don't remember who) asks for installed languages you got to response OK.

I deleted the X mark and then OK , and the spanish language was uninstalled.

I had to perform a restore .

grrrrrrrr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case the spanish language is only missing in some transactions like DB13 or DB02. In most transactions the problem won´t happen so I assume this is normal.

Thanks any way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I think this is nothing to do with upgrade but how the SMLT settings maintained

I think for Spanish language which has been imported in to system ,the supplementation of text with English is not done or in SMLT supplementation language is German with secondary language

I do not know what are the settings in your system but have a try with checking this

Sucess!!

Best,

Ganesh Gambhir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me have a look at it and will post the results,

thanks Ganesh,