Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC-> JDBC --- ORA-00936: missing expression - Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on a IDOC-> JDBC scenario.

it works fine in development but in quality i amgetting the following message.

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'T_SAP_COST' (structure 'Statement2'): java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00936: missing expression

there is no issue with mapping and i compared and everything is exactly the same as development.

Has someone come accross a similar issue.

Regards,

Tarun Bahal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This error usually seen when we have a data type mismatch or all fields are not passed to Stored Procedure or table.

As you said all things are fine then check the SP level. Adapter patch.

Thanks

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Isuue Resolved.

It was the case iof how SAP and Oracle handle negative values.

SAP = 123-.

Oracle = -123.

Regards,

Tarun Bahal

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

This is not an error with respect to XI. There is some problem with the SQL query generated after the mapping. Generally ORA____ kind of errors are comman in JDBC Senario and even Oracle maintains something like our SAP Note for each ORA errors. I am not sure about the URL for searching this error. You can check in this URL too, [ORA-00936 |http://ora-00936.ora-code.com/] http://ora-00936.ora-code.com/

Since you are saying that it works fine in developement, you can check with the data. Whether it is generating the SQL Statement properly or not. Also confirm whether you have sufficient data in the quality systems to generate the SQL Statement properly.

Edited by: Prasad Ulagappan on Oct 16, 2008 11:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

data generated in Dev had 200 odd records and in quality it generated 22000 records,

and sql generated in Quality also seems to be fine.

Regards,

Tarun Bahal

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through this link. It should be the problem with the SQL statement generated.

http://www.dba-oracle.com/sf_ora_00936_missing_expression.htm

Even you can see it in the oracle metalink mentioned over there, provided you have an user id for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have u checked the fields available in the stored procedure and datatypes in the datatype are same type or not.

And also check the data going to the stored procedure/table are valide data or not and check any mandatory fields are missing in the data to send into the stored procedure/table.

Regards

sridhar Goli

Former Member
0 Kudos

data going to the table seems to be correct and there are no mandatory fields in the table.

Regards,

Tarun Bahal

Former Member
0 Kudos

also.... i dont think it can be a problem with field names cause the same design works in development.

Regards,

Tarun Bahal

Former Member
0 Kudos

any guesses please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if the SP level in both the systems are same.