cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First questions about Bussiness rules!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to every.

In a message before this one, I said that I'm junior in SAP. I've just started to work in a SAP proyect and I have to make for mi boss, one first manual about How to use BPC. My situation is below:

I copied the default application set into a new one. Then I created an application with some new dimensions. And now, it starts my problem. I have manuals about bussiness rules but I cant undestand almost anything.

In the application, I have a folder called: bussinees rules with any of them. There I can introduce new registers in them (although I dont know how to use them =( ... ). After that I see another folder called script logic with default.lgf and legalconsolidation.lff.

In a manual I see that to call bussiness rules , in this files.lgf you can invocate them with sentences.

¿¿Mi first question is: when I have to call this .lgf??? ¿¿¿is automaticlly invocated when datas are sent to the server and when I execute "Data Manager package " such as I see in the manual?????

My second question is "what is Data Manager package "??

All of this, more or less can be understood but then I see That I can use MDX or SQL to script logic???? for what??? script logic are not the fields which call files.lgf????

My last question is for what is used Business rule library???

I'm in a trouble!!! =(

Anybody can make me a resume???? =( pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vicente

¿¿Mi first question is: when I have to call this .lgf???

You call it when if you need to run it! as simple as that!

¿¿¿is automaticlly invocated when datas are sent to the server and when I execute "Data Manager package " such as I see in the manual?????

It can be called automatically if you put it in the default logic

OR

You can call it "manually" in running a data manager package

"what is Data Manager package "??

simple answer: A data manager package is used to call logics.

(you can tweak it in going into excel in Edata > organize package list) I think i wrote a post how to do this...

By default there are many packages running ligics thats "clears data", "copy data", move data"....

What is the business rules library? ( I have a vocabulary problem

I can use MDX or SQL to script logic???? for what??? script logic are not the fields which call files.lgf????

Yes you can use MDX or SQL logic. Even is MDX not advised.

You can do many data transformation with this!

script logics are stored as LGF files in the system and then turn (when validated) in LGX. Do a search on yoru server to look for those files... but dont touch them if you dont know what they mean...

Hope this helps

Nic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I left many doubts..=) Now I'm touching others parts of SAP so I will try check everything then.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vicente,

I can guide you in it, but tell me what documents you have. If you have any technical documents, let me know.

Sandy