Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUIXT - How to open script window

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you open the script window for GUIXT again once you set the profile to have the start window to HIDDEN?

I set the START WINDOW option to HIDDEN and now I don't get the script window. I just want to turn it back on.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check in Customize Local Layout (ALT+F12) from SAP easy Access, in that press Activate GuiXT

is it that you are expecting..?

0 Kudos

Well, the last time I edited my profile, I set up the START WINDOW to be HIDDEN. Now, when I activate GUIXT from the Customize Local Layout, the script window doesn't open anymore. Is there a way to undo the hidden setting for START WINDOW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was finally able to figure this out. I went to the registry on my computer and set the value there:

Here are the steps:

1) Run regedit

2) Go to HKEY_CURRENT USER/Software/SAP/SAPGUI Front/SAP Frontend Server/Customize

3) Look for GuiXT.StartHidden or GuiXT.StartMinimized and make sure the value is zero (0).

4) Log on to SAPGUI

5) Activate GUIXT

The pop-up screen should display once again.

If anybody has further questions, just let me know

tholuganti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

The best way to turn it back on would be updating the options in your guixt.sjs file.

Location for the guixt.sjs file:

Normally would be C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\FrontEnd\SAPgui

Edit guixt.sjs file as below:

Change the following section from:

//TRACEFLAGS = HIDECONSOLE;

//TRACEFLAGS = TRACE_RFCCALL | OPENCONSOLE;

TRACEFLAGS = OPENCONSOLE;

Change the following section to:

TRACEFLAGS = HIDECONSOLE;

//TRACEFLAGS = TRACE_RFCCALL | OPENCONSOLE;

//TRACEFLAGS = OPENCONSOLE;

Hope this resolves your issue. If you don't have access to write to this file then you can try the windows registry update method.

Regards,

Raj