cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Wizard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Current Production environment has BOE-XI with Crystal Reports against Oracle 9i. I have a new environment, with BOE-XIR2 installed. I would like to import all the Crystal Reports from the production into this new environment and point to a new database Oracle 10g.

Can someone give me a detailed step by step solution to do this? Some questions come to my mind is; If I use import wizard, will it have any impact on the Production BOE-XI? Please do NOT say, refer to the install document. I have access to it. I would like to hear practical steps, concerns, issues.

Thank you.

Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

The reason the steps for your migration are not documented is because to one extent or another every migration/customer is different. All have different features/reports/data sources/etc and there is no way to document every possible scenario. This is why you see other posts that recommend getting a BO consultant or opening a message with support if you get stuck.

I did notice there is a new import wizard doc for our latest release (3.1) but it doesn't cover CE9. Most of the features of the import wizard are the same + some additional 3.1 enhancements (such as delegated administrator) [IW 3.1|http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi3-1_bip_importwiz_en.pdf]

There doesn't seem to be one for XIR2 for CE9. There used to be a 5x/6x that at least illustrated the import wizard screens(but I don't see that on our doc site).

Depending on what you are migrating the CMS and FRS servers will be utilized pretty heavily during a migration(up to all DB objects and FRS files). It's always best to restore Prod to a test server and migrate from there.

Regards,

Tim

Answers (0)