cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rename a TR request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have a R/3 4.7 system with SID R22 and ECC 6.0 system with SID W22. I have few requests in R/3 4.7 which I need to transport to ECC 6.0. So, I can do it copying the co-files and data files in usr/sap/trans.

My doubt is that request created in R/3 4.7 system will have request as R22K9XXXXX and when I copy the cofiles and data files and add this to import queue of ECC 6.0 with SID W22 I will get the request same as R22K9XXXXX, but I wanted it to be come in to queue as W22K9XXXXX.

For this what I have done is after copying the cofiles and data files in usr/sap/trans, I have renamed the files extensions to W22 from R22 and after that I have addedd the request to queue of ECC system from Extras->other request->add and got it in queue as W22K9XXXXX. But the main problem here is all that for all requests for which I am changing the extension to W22 from R22 is throwing a error message in last steps telling that request W22K9XXXXX does not exists.

Please can some one help me in this if I am making any mistakes and how to get the request transported as W22K9XXXXX

Regards,

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I have suggested not to go with renaming the TR request.

Regards,

Sharath

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sarath,

Transport name is generated depending on the system on which it was created. However if you want to move the transport of R22 in system W22 you can manually do that by the way you are already following. but it will come as R22K9*.

but I wanted it to be come in to queue as W22K9XXXXX.

the first question is WHY? if you follow something like this, I don't think its supported by SAP.

Please note - Transports are SAP release dependent meaning that in principle, you can only transport between systems that are on the same SAP release with the same support package release. However, its possible to transport to other release in special cases. Please recheck the requirement.

Regards,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

Thanks for your reply, my requirement was a query asked by my management whether if it was possible. Anyhow, thanks for it and I know a person with name Debasis who worked with me in Wipro, Mysore.

Are you the same person, if not then please excuse me and thanks once again.

Regards,

Sharath

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sarath,

As far as I know its not possible to change the transport name..

Regarding you second question - I'm not the same person.. )

Cheers,

Debasis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

Thank you

Regards,

Sharath