Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to rename a TR request

Dear Experts,

We have a R/3 4.7 system with SID R22 and ECC 6.0 system with SID W22. I have few requests in R/3 4.7 which I need to transport to ECC 6.0. So, I can do it copying the co-files and data files in usr/sap/trans.

My doubt is that request created in R/3 4.7 system will have request as R22K9XXXXX and when I copy the cofiles and data files and add this to import queue of ECC 6.0 with SID W22 I will get the request same as R22K9XXXXX, but I wanted it to be come in to queue as W22K9XXXXX.

For this what I have done is after copying the cofiles and data files in usr/sap/trans, I have renamed the files extensions to W22 from R22 and after that I have addedd the request to queue of ECC system from Extras->other request->add and got it in queue as W22K9XXXXX. But the main problem here is all that for all requests for which I am changing the extension to W22 from R22 is throwing a error message in last steps telling that request W22K9XXXXX does not exists.

Please can some one help me in this if I am making any mistakes and how to get the request transported as W22K9XXXXX

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question