Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to test an Abap webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there, how you doing?

Actually I have a request to do a webservice in Abap to display the materialu2019s availability in a web site, As far as I know the process starts with the creation of a function module RFC, and then the conversion to a web service. I have done all of that, however I don't know how to run it using the browser to test it as I learned using netweaver developer studio. Also I need to provide the url that will be use for the web site developer in order to consume the webservice.

This installation of SAP ECC 6.0 has only the stack of Abap SAP_ABA release 700 sp 0015, I would like to know if the java stack is needed to run webservice using the browser.

Thanks in advance for your help in this matter

Alexis

2 REPLIES 2

alejandro_lpez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alexis,

To test your web service, you should invoke the WEB service using some tool, for example i have used .NET, in transaction WSADMIN you can obtain the connection string, looking for you web service and then click on the WSDL button, then a Browser with your string connection is showed, this string is that you should invoke from a .Net program.

You don´t need the Java Stack to use the ABAP Web service, you only have to call it from another program.

Best regards,

Alejandro López

former_member187457
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AR,

I dont knw exactly will it work or not..

jst try any web enbled service..like webdynpro...

goto se80

Select Webdynpro Comp/Intf.

below this select WDR_TEST_EVENTS

press refresh

in the object name list

click on Web Dynpro Applications

inthat right click on WDR_TEST_EVENTS

click on test

if it shows no error and ask for username & password ...it means web service is working..

it is jst for testing....weather it is working or not....

jst my guess...

thnx

Rohit