cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inspection lot to allow return material to transfer to u201CUnrestrictedu201D or u201CB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you please provide a information for the following development

When using the standard SAP customer returns process an inspection lot is automatically created. Can this inspection lot type 06 be changed to allow stock to transferred to u201CUnrestrictedu201D or u201CBlockedu201D stock in a similar way as inspection lot type 01.

Which is the setting in inspection lot to allow return material to transfer to u201CUnrestrictedu201D or u201CBlockedu201D stock after inspection.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Follow the below Customer Return procedure.

Case1.

The 06 - Inspection type is not stock relevant and also it is not possible to change bcz it is SAP std.

1. If you want inspection for Customer with stock, active 05 - Inspection type in Material Master, and move the stock from customer return to QI by using MB1B with Mvt type 457 Stock transfer returns to QI. After that system will create the Inspection lot in 05 Inspection type.

2. If don't want stock for inspection and directly post to Unrestricted using MB1B with mvt type 453 Transfer posting to returns from customer to Unrest.

3. Customer return to Blocked stock using MB1B with mvt type 459 Stock transfer returns to blocked

Case2.

Inspectoin type 05 is a stock relevant inspection type.

To use 05 you must assign the 05 inspection type to the delivery item in configuration.

follow this path.

tcode vov6 - there will be schedule line category DN.

go to details of DN.In Business data,check which movement type is assigned here.

I think in your case it will be 651.

change it to 655 and try now.

hope it will work.

revert further clarification

Regards,

S.Babusingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Babu Singh,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I will prefer case 02

Please suggest me is there any others setting I have to check while doing as per case 02.

activate Usage decision ?

regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Case 02 you have to maintain 05 - Inspection Type in Material Master that is all.

while return goods process from sales. The return stock will automatically posted to QI with 05 Inspection lot,

Check and give the feed back.

Regards,

S.Babusingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu singh,

Thanks for the reply, One more thing I want to ask,

by changing in Schedule line categories (i.e. T-code vov6)

in DN Returns changing inspection type 655 instead of 651.

Will it generate inspection lot automatically after return delivery (i.e T-code VL01n) ?

waiting...........

Best regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes

it will create inspection lot

once create delivery

Thanks

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas,

Yes after return delivery made in VL01N (PGR), System will create the inspection lot with stock posting option in 05 - Inspection type. So for that you need to maintain 05 - Inspection type in Material maser.

Revert further clarification.

Regards,

S.Babusingh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved my problem