cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem running an addon over a vpn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

One of our customers has just upgraded from SBO 2005 to SBO 2007.

I wrote a few years ago a vb6 addon which stores contact information. On the LAN all the users have upgraded and are using my addon fine, I did recompile it under SBO 2007

They have some remote sites which they run SAP over a vpn and my addon seems to hang when SAP has been loaded, no error message, just hangs

We have tried to reinstall it on these pc's but the addon still seems to hang when SAP loads as before

Can anyone suggest anything please ?

Thanks

Regards Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

Use this one Application Event.

If (EventType = SAPbouiCOM.BoAppEventTypes.aet_CompanyChanged) Or (EventType = SAPbouiCOM.BoAppEventTypes.aet_ShutDown) Then

System.Windows.Forms.Application.Exit()

End If

Regards..

Billa 2007

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Billa

Sorry for sounding dense but I am not sure how this will help me.

Can you explain please ?

Thanks

Regards Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tristan,

I think that quickest way is connect your devlopment PC through clients VPN to network and debug the code to see, where exactly is the problem. Then you will be able to catch the error and based on this may people here help you better.

We have companies which are using SBO 2007 and are connected through DSL connection and there is no problem with addons. The only problem we had is through remote wireless connection, but it was problem with speed.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in VPN addons will not run properly, you can use any othe remote connections like citrix, their you wont get this type of problem.

regards

hariprasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hariprasad

Thanks for the idea but I think the customer wants to run it this way

It worked fine under SBO 2005 but doesn't work under 2007

Thanks

Regards Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tristan,

although I have no solution for you (sorry..) I'm interested in the VPN connection.

I think the VPN-Clients needs a high bandwidth for up- and downstream, right?

My experience with a connection over DSL is a VERY long time of loading B1 (I think it's because of the SM-OBS-stuff which must be downloaded).

I only would need this for debugging of AddOns from a local client in our office connected to the B1-Server of our customer.

Maybe an idea for your problem (if it's a singleSignOn-problem - I don't know):

Have you tried out the new method for single sign on in 2007 (Company.GetDICompany) ?

I've only read about it - development is still on 2005 here.

Again: just an idea...

Cheers & good luck,

Roland

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland

Thanks for the suggestion about the single sign on but I need to connect to the ui api and di api

I need to check with the customer if the other SAP addons are having problems as well

Thanks

Regards Andy

former_member191896
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tristan,

Single sign on is used for connecting to both UI and DI APIs with a single connection (to avoid having to make 2 separate connections to UI and DI). In single sign-on, you connect to UI API first then use a session cookie to connect to DI API (Don't need to connect to DI API using a user/password). You can find details on how to use single sign on in the SDK Help.

One of the posts on forum indicated a similar problem that when Add-On tries to connect to DI API the system hangs. May be using single sign-on can get you around this?

As a test, have you tried to see if this works?

Set the Add-On's "Default Group" setting to "Manual" (not Automatic), let Business One start up completely and then Start the Add-On?

HTH

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aravind

I am already using the single sign on.

I will try setting the group to manual and let you know

Thanks for the idea

Regards Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

R u getting any kind of error msgs...?? Like file not found or something..???

Vasu Natari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu

No error message, my addon just seems to hang, if you stop it using task manager SAP finishes loading and is ok

Regards Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u use a try catch in ur Connect method..??

Vasu Natari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu

No I haven't as I don't seem to be getting a message

Maybe if we kept the addon running longer it might display an error message ?

Thanks

Regards Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

On what kind of connection is the VPN running? DSL on both sides?

I have also big performance problems with a local B1-Client connected via DSL/VPN to our customer (2005 here)

Can we be shure that B1 is designed for this practise? For me it was always an emergency solution...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roland

As far as I know they are using adsl both sides, the regular IT guy is off at the moment so it is tricky to confirm

It's just strange how the addon was running fine when SBO 2005 was loaded

Thanks

Regards Andy

YatseaLi
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Tristan,

Does it works fine in dev mode?

Can you add some log in the code to check where it is hang?

Please search "Developing Side-by-Side" about the compatibility in SDK help.

Kind Regards

-Yatsea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Dont know if this will help u.. But once I had a similar problem my addon works fine in the local machine, but it gives a error in VPN and remote connections.... how i solved this is, i found out that some files required by my addon are missing, as in our local machines the files will be found in the root path which is C: but in the case of the remote connections the root drive would be G: or something.

Hope this info is helpful to u..

Vasu Natari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasu

All the required files are on a network s drive which they can see

Thanks for the idea

Regards Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

delete sm_obs_dll folder from %temp% folder (windows temp directory) on all affected machines.