cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch split for production order depending on batchs of components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am an OCM consultant, so, by advance, please excuse me if I am not using the right SAP/business terms !

Anyway, my customer is a Perfume producer and has the following issue:

When they create a production order, the system assign 1 batch number for the whole production order.

Beside packaging, the production order can be composed of 2 batch of bulk juice.

They want to be able to assign two batch orders for finished products depending on the bulk juice used. It is essential for them to be able to do this in order to insure complete traceability in case of quality issue. Doing this will enable them to call back only 1 batch out of 2, instead of calling back all quantities because they don't know which juice composed which finished products.

Thanks by advance if some one can give me a solution for this.

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Hichem,

You can go for option of creating batch at the time of posting GR for production order. Don't assign batch number at the time of production order creation. If you create batch at the time of posting you can have two different batches (create manually if required), with this you can have traceability of bulk juice used and finished product batch. With this traceability you can have a better control on product recall, if required.

Please see the link below to find out batch master creation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/25/2838714f7811d18a150000e816ae6e/frameset.htm

Hope this helps !!!

Cheers,

Himanshu