Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS/MSS BP upgrade ????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We had 4.7 R/3 as Backend, ESS/MSS Business package 50.4 , EP 6.0

We are upgrading the 4.7 R/3 to ECC 6.0 , EP 6.0 to EP 7.0. But we are not planning to upgrade ESS/MSS BP.

1) Please suggest if we can manage with the existing BP or we really need to upgrade it also.

2) "Create Leave Request" & " Leave request Overview" are ITS based screens which when migrated from Stanalone ITS to Integrated ITS are not working.

Is upgrading the BP the only solution? If yes which is the compatible BP to be upgraded.

I have checked SAP Note1004528, 871026.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Purav,

The correct BP to deploy are:

ESS 1.0 Business Package for iviews,roles

MSS 1.0 Business Package for iviews,roles

ESS 600 SP 13 for Webdynpro Components

MSS 600 SP13 for Webdynpro Components

Shikhil

Edited by: Shikhil Arora on Oct 16, 2008 4:37 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sikhil ,

But i am looking answer for Q1 as can we manage with the existing ESS MSS Business package 50.4 ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple answer...yes, it can be done. I did this on a past project. They wanted to upgrade first and then roll out a new ESS later. They were on 4.6c and Workplace and moved to ECC6 and EP7. Not, for some specific ITS services, there might be some issues (we had none) , but even those should be able to be overcome (if all else fails, you might have to use a standalone ITS (though I have had no issues yet with integrated ITS....some folks just don't understand SICF and what is same/different for services). Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris

Happy to know that everything worked fine in your case. But in our case when we migrated the "Create Leave Request " from Standalone ITS(WAS 6.2) to Integrated ITS (WAS 6.4), its not working . When we click "Send' button nothing happens.

As per note 879969 Standalone ITS is no longer supported with Netweaver 2004s.

Do you think still we can manage by having a Standalone ITS?