Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deny users to call standard transaction variant

daniel_kaoro
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello!

We have created a variant transaction (ZME52N) for ME52N, and do not

want give authorization to the transaction ME52N for end users.

We unchecked the authorization check in the SE97 for ZME52N-ME52N pair so the authorization check for ME52N does not take place in the function module AUTHORITY_CHECK_TCODE.

However, we noticed that both calling and called transaction is ME52N in the the function module AUTHORITY_CHECK_TCODE, when we executed the variant transaction ZME52N, and obviously the auth check failed.

Is there a way to lock / disable the ME52N instead of uncheck the authorization ?

Thanks in advance!

Regars,

Daniel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can use tcode SM01 to lock ME52, is this what you are looking for?

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can use tcode SM01 to lock ME52, is this what you are looking for?

0 Kudos

>

> I think you can use tcode SM01 to lock ME52, is this what you are looking for?

SM01 will work but it will lock the transaction for everybody.

You might want to check with your ABAP developers, there might something they can modify on their Z program.

daniel_kaoro
Explorer
0 Kudos

But this is the point. He wants to disable ME52N for everybody and use the ZME52N instead of ME52N.

0 Kudos

>

> But this is the point. He wants to disable ME52N for everybody and use the ZME52N instead of ME52N.

Well, I read your question different, you state "We have created a variant transaction (ZME52N) for ME52N, and do not want give authorization to the transaction ME52N for end users. " End users for me is non-technical support for SAP. ME52N will not work for user IDs with SAP_ALL and these are not your typical users. If this is your goal then SM01 is what you want.

daniel_kaoro
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks!