Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User status for equipments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Colleagues !

I want to set a user status for an equipment. At this moment the equipment doesn't have any user statuses. Which FM can I use for this purpose ? The FM I_CHANGE_STATUS need an old status to be changed to the new one. But there is no old status ... Can You propose me an FM ?

Thanks a lot and kind regards

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the function module STATUS_CHANGE_EXTERN to set the user status for equipments.

You can pass object number of the equipment, user status status values to this function module.

Thanks,

Srinivas

8 REPLIES 8

JozsefSzikszai
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

EQUI_STATUS_BY_LOCATION_CHANGE ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

I started the FM (parameters: object number and the new status string). I didn't get any errors but nothing has happened in the equipment, I didn't find the new user status anywhere ...

Thanks a lot and kind regards

Peter

0 Kudos

HI peter,

i am PM consultant ..

ask you functional consultant to put at least one user status in status profile assigned to the eqpt and this should be marked as initial status in the status profile ,then you can use FM to change the user statuses...

regards

pushpa

0 Kudos

sorry, I just realised that the FM is not release, which means it is not possible to use it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushpa !

The problem is: the equipments will be created without user status and a program must assign a user status ...

Regards

Peter

0 Kudos

can you check FM STATUS_UPDATE, looks like tables parameter JEST_INS could be used for inserting new status (without any existing)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the function module STATUS_CHANGE_EXTERN to set the user status for equipments.

You can pass object number of the equipment, user status status values to this function module.

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I use now Your proposal FM STATUS_CHANGE_EXTERN. It works fine, if the equipment status schema was well appointed.

Thank You for Your help !

Hi Eric,

I will check Your proposal too, if I will have some time ...

Thank You guys for Your help !

Regards Peter