cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Purpose ledger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Client is planning to implement B/W, Now should we suggest & implement special purpose ledger as B/W should take care of all their requirements.

Regards

Aravind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think these are unrelated. If you want to post to a parallel ledger, you need special purpose ledger. When BW extracts data from BKPF, it takes ledger (RLDNR) as well, if I'm not wrong. So unless fill special purpose ledger with data, there is nothing for BW to read. So, the decision of whether to go for SPL should depend on whether the client has a parallel reporting requirement. By the way, if you are on new GL, SPL is no longer required; you can use non-lead ledger instead.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification srikant,

can you pleae let me know how does the tax depreciation gets posted in SPl purpose ledger & do i need to map a special field or table to SPL.

Regards

Aravind

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what is the business transaction for that posting. You need to assign that to the ledger in T-Code GCL2. When in GCL2, double-click on the spl. purpose ledger and make sure 'ledger posting allowed' checkbox is checked. Then click on 'Assign comp.cd/comp.' button (F6). Place the cursor on your company code and click on 'Assign activity' button (F6). Then click on 'Choose activities...' button (F5) and add the business transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can find the business transaction (activity to be assigned in GCL2) by making a posting and checking the 'Business Trans.' field value in table BKPF.