cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace a key figure in all its usages automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey all,

we would like to delete a key figure because its obsolete and we want to replace it by a new one.

the problem is, that this key figure is used by several power-users in several queries, structures and so on.

Certainly it would be the correct way, to inform all users to replace the key figure by themselfs, so that the key figures has no usage anymore, but this would be a long story.

We would like to replace the old key figure automatically in all queries and structures. Has somebody an idea, if theres a existing report or something to do this?

Is it enough to replace all entries in the "bex related"-databasetables (provided that we achive to find all related tables) ?

kind regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

sorry, i meant to replace a calculated key figure.

We want to "clear up" our system. We have two calculated key figures with different technical names, but they do the same.

Both key figures do the same, and we want to delete one of them, because it is very confusing. We cant delete one, because both were used very often.

Our Idea was to replace one of them by the otherone, so that we can delete the first one. An this step should be made automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amina,

I believe you cannot delete a calulated key figure if it being used in different queries unless you delete the queries in which it is used.

I would wait for other answers but this is what I understand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sine you want to replace the calculated Key figure , I would suggest to replace the definition of the calculated key figure...so that it gets automatically replaced with the new definition...

If you just want to delete it , it will be automtically deleted from all the queries once you delete it from any one query..

You donot need to delete a query to delete a calculated KF..

Ashish..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant u need to delete the CKF from all the queries.

You cannot delete the CKF if it is used somewhere else.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amina, Welcome to SDN,

What do you mean of obsolete,...? why you want to replace..? how you can load historic data to newly added keyfigure..?

In restricted keyfigures you can replace easily old keyfigure with new one, in structures also you can do same.

But if you are using keyfigure directly, difficult to replace, but you add new one and inform to end users to replace in their favorates.

Just try all these options and communicate.

Hope it Helps

Srini