Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pull data from another application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario like this:

Depending on a property value of the Entity dimension in one application (destination application) I would like to pull specific data from a different application (source application). Is this possible or is it just possible to push data to another application?

Thanks!

//Anders

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anders Ohlund,

You can pool the data from one application to anothers. You can use the syntax :

*DESTINATION_APP

*ADD_DIM

*RENAME_DIM

note:

*ADD_DIM, using this syntax if your application needs add dimension.

*RENAME_DIM, using this syntax if your application needs rename the dimension name.

I hope the above step can help you to solve your problem. If you have any problem please let me know.

Thanks,

Wandi Sutandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anders,

In the BPC 5.1 Script Language, you can use the *LOOKUP Syntax to lookup data in another application. You will however need records in your destination application that trigger the LOOKUP.

If you do not have records in your destination application, you will have to push them from your source application.

You can find an example of *LOOKUP in the Currency conversion script that is delivered with Apshell. The file is called "MultiCurrencyTrans.lgl" and is located in the following path.

..../BPC/Data/Webfolders/Apshell/SystemLibrary/Logic Library

Regards,

Marcel Frey