MM interview questions
Can you give answers for the following questions. Points will be awarded. Need it urgently.
General/Organizational Elements/Master Data
1. What is meant by a client in the SAP R/3 System?
A: Commercial and organizational unit with in R/3, with its own data, master records and set of tables. Cliet forms a Corporate group.
2. What is the mySAP.com Marketplace and the Workplace?
A: Where you can get the SAP Products, Services, Pre Configured systems and Industry specific Configurable documents.
3. Name the essential organizational elements in Materials Management and explain how they are used.
A: Company code, Plant, Storage location, Purchase organization and Purchase groups.
Company codePlantsStorage locations.
Purchase GrpPurchase OrgCompany codes and plants.
4. Explain the concept of views in the material master record.
A: Maintains each department's data under an organizational level.
5. What do you have to take into account with regard to the function or transaction to be chosen if you want to create a view (that is, data for a particular user department) in the material master for different organizational units (for example, for different plants)?
A: Create Material master MM01
6. What importance does the purchasing organization have for the material master?
7. How do you control the use of selected valuation classes per material type?
A: In IMG configuration maintain Account category references for each material type and maintain possible valuation classes under this ACR.
8. With which master data is the account group used?
A: Vendor Master Data
9. What does an account group determine?
10. At what level is general data for vendors (such as the address) managed? What user department is responsible?
11. What is meant by a one-time vendor (sundries account)?
12. What views have to be maintained in the vendor master to be able to create purchase orders?
13. What determines whether a material can be posted to stock?
Purchasing / Optimization / Customzing ...
1. Explain the basic structure of purchasing documents! What is the special feature of purchase requisitions?
A: Header ,Item, Item detail.
2. Which control parameters are located at the item level of purchasing documents?
A: Material data, Qty/Weights,Delivery schedule, Acceptance period, Delivery invoice, Conditions, Texts, Delivery Address, confirmations, confirmation control.
3. What does the account assignment category U (unknown) stand for? When can you use this account assignment category?
4. How can you assign different delivery dates to a purchase order item?
A: In item details, there is a tab called Delivery schedule. In that you fill in the required dates.
5. Why may this be advisable?
A: To inform the vendor, when the material is required. May have an extended answer.
6. What must you take into account or determine in the case of multiple account assignment?
7. Explain the procurement process using outline purchase agreements. What are the basic differences between a contract and a scheduling agreement?
8. What is the purpose of the collective number for RFQs?
A: To monitor all the RFQs that belongs to a single requirement.
9. With which functionality can you compare quotations submitted by different vendors?
A: Quotation comparision in ME49.
10. At which organizational levels is info record data kept?
11. What determines whether you can change the "GR", "GR non-valuated", and "IR" indicators in the purchase order?
12. At which level is the purchase order history kept?
13. In which of the following cases can you define scales for the condition type?
14. Which master data must you maintain for a quota arrangement?
A: In MMR Quota arrangement usage indicator in MRP2 View, which contains quota percentaages.
15. At which levels can you define a source list requirement?
A: Plant Level.
16. Specify the priorities in the source determination process!
A: Contracts, Scheduling Agreements, Consignments, Stock transfer and transfer posting. In which ways can a source be assigned to a purchase requisition?
A: There is a Assign source of supply in item details screen.
18. What is the main purpose of the "Assign requisitions" function?
19. What are the preconditions for automatically generated delivery schedule lines?
A: Source list should be maintainted with MRP indicator material relevant for MRP and Scheduling line generated automatically - 2.
20. How do you determine that the "source assignment" flag is set on the initial screen when a purchase requisition is created?
21. Explain the advantages of external services procurement (item category "D") in comparison with procuring services by means of a standard purchase order with account assignment (text or material type DIEN)!
22. How do you make it possible to accept external services that are not covered by a purchase order or exceed the scope of services covered by a purchase order?
23. What does the release strategy determine?
A: Conditions required for the approval of the documents.
24. At which level are purchase requisitions released? What does this depend on?
A: Only at item level, determined by Release without classification, at header level determined by release with classification.
Inventory Management (incl. Special Procurement) / Physical Inventory
1. What is the difference between blocked stock and GR blocked stock?
A: Blocked stock is the stock moved to un-used stock for a specific reason.Where as GR blocked stock is the stock received directly against a purchase doc is blcoked for quality reasons or requirements.
2. According to the bill of material, a production order requires 10 pieces of a material. But only 8 pieces are requested for the issue date and the remaining 2 pieces are no longer needed, because they are already available from previous orders. What are the implications of this? What needs to be done?
3. In which cases are reservations appropriate for goods receipts?
4. What options do you have to carry out goods movements between different plants within your group?
A: TP from Plant to Plant ( one step and two step), TP from Plant to Plant (Crosss company), STO.
5. You have posted the wrong quantity at GR. How do you rectify this?
A: Do a reversal proecess, or Cancel the material document, i think later is not possible.
6. Can you use different movement types in one material document?
A: Yes in case of Sub-contracting process its possible about other cases dont know.
7. How are goods movements documented in MM?
A: In material documents.
8. How are goods issues that are posted by sales and distribution (SD) documented?
A: I think Material Document.
9. What are the effects of a goods receipt?
A: Update in PO history, Material Doc, FI accounting document, Inventory update, G/L accounts posting, GR/IR slip, PO item set to zero if delivey completed indicator is set. Statistical data update in inventory control, updatation of vendor evaluation data in purchasing, Inspection lots created in QM.
10. When is the u201Cdelivery completedu201D indicator automatically set at GR?
A: When Goods received qty equals the ordered qty.
11. For which levels do you define that negative stocks are allowed?
A: I Think at Storage location level.
12. Briefly explain the process of consignment!
A: Consignment info record, Create PO with item category K, Do GR 101, TP 411. MRKO for consignment settlement.
Customizing incl. Message Determination
1. What does the item category determine?
2. Can you define further item categories?
3. What does the document type determine with regard to purchasing documents?
4. Which parameter is used to differentiate between the output (as messages) of a newly created or changed purchase order and a reminder or urging letter (expediter) relating to the PO?
5. How can you ensure that the choice of the printer to be used for printing out purchasing documents depends on the purchasing group?
1. On what information are the various consumption-based planning procedures based? Name the consumption-based planning procedures.
2. Name the 3 planning run types
3. What information is recorded in the planning file?
4. What determines whether a material is to be included in the total planning run?
5. Which times does the system take into account when scheduling for external procurement and where are they entered?
6. How many receipt elements are created and which quantities are procured if a requirement of 160 pieces exists, 10 pieces are available and the following conditions exist:
a) lot-for-lot order quantity:
b) fixed lot size 100:
c) lot-for-lot order quantity with rounding value 100:
d) lot-for-lot order quantity with minimum lot size 50:
e) lot-for-lot order quantity with minimum lot size 200:
f) lot-for-lot order quantity with maximum lot size 100:
g) replenishment up to maximum stock level 500:
1. On which levels can you valuate materials?
2. What is the function of the period closing program?
3. You want to carry out a posting for a goods movement that was carried out 3 months ago, but has not yet been posted. Which posting date do you use?
4. What is the purpose of the account grouping code?
5. Can you assign more than one valuation class to a single material master record?
6. What is a valuation class? How is it used?
7. What is the purpose of the (general) account grouping code?
8. Under which circumstances is a posting made to a difference account when a goods receipt for a purchase order is posted to stock?
9. Are accounting documents usually created for the following postings?
Transfer posting from material to material
Material type ROH, GR for PO posted to stock
Material type UNBW, GR for PO to stock
Transfer posting from plant to plant in one step
Transfer posting from plant to plant in two steps: removal from stock
Transfer posting from plant to plant in two steps: putaway
GR for PO with account assignment, GR not valuated
GR for PO with account assignment, GR valuated
GI of a raw material (ROH)
GI of an non-valuated material (UNBW)
Invoice Verification (incl. Customizing)
1. In which cases would the stock or consumption account be credited with the cash discount amount?
2. When does a price variance not lead to an invoice being blocked?
3. If, in an invoice, an item for $ 100 is blocked, and 2 further items for a total of $ 200 are not blocked, how much is the vendor paid in the next payment run (without tax)?
4. Why is the message issued by the system about a payment block not an error message?
5. What is a stochastic block?
6. An invoice is entered before the goods receipt is posted and is blocked due to quantity variance. The goods receipt is then entered for the quantity invoiced, invalidating the blocking reason. How does the system react?
7. Which options do you have for releasing an invoice manually?
8. Can invoices be blocked manually?
9. How do you enter a credit memo that results in the quantity invoiced being changed?
10. Which system-side requirements must be fulfilled before you can use evaluated receipt settlement (ERS)?
11. When do price and quantity variances occur during the ERS run?