cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Time out error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am workin on XI to business connector scenario.,after all the configuration,when i m sending message to partner system i am gettin followin error,

Transmitting the message to endpoint http://149.**.*.:***/invoke/B_aha.flows:receiveOrderResponse. using connection BcAdapter failed, due to: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect.

I dnt knw how to solve this error,

please suggest me...

Thanks,

Brij

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all..this error was due to firewall issue at the partner side.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the firewall open for sending and receiving? Since a timeout would be most likely if the ports for sending/or receiving is not open.

Regards,

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

this is because of authorization problem. Check wether the user id you have used have the proper authorization to place the data in the target system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the authorizations or credentials of your business connector.

XI is not able to deliver the message to BC and also try to increase the timeout section or retry interval.

Regards

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

how to increase timeout section?

and is there any way I can check,whether my message is goin out of my system or not, it may fail at there side,coz of some reason,bt just want to confirm tht from my side,its goin out...

Edited by: brijesh soni on Oct 16, 2008 3:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure whether the setting. Usually you can find it in communicatio channel.

Check it at your business connector channel.

Regards

Krish

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

From XI system we cannot increase the connection time.

Where exactly you are getting the error messages? If it is in SXMB_MONI, means that the message hasn't passed out of integration server, if you get the error in Adapter level, means that it has gone from integration server and failed in Adapter, when trying to connect to the target system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

I am getting error in Message Monitoring,in RWB. In SXMB_MONI i am not getting any error.

Partner has provided me with URL on which I have to send message, how can I check for Authorization. That I need to check on my system or at Partner side.

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you are getting the error messages in RWB, your steps in XI are absolutely correct. You are getting this error in the final step, when the receiver adapter trying to connect to the target system. Please check with that URL or ask the team who has given this URL to check for any kind of authorization needs to be given to proceed further. Also inform them that XI is communicating with the target system without any problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasad, I wll confirm from with our partner regarding authorization .

One more thing I want to knw is,what address should I give them where they will send message to our system,

I m gettin some difficulties in configuring the inbound .I am writtin my scenario in short,

In this scenario,I am going to receive Purchase order from partner,and from that I have to create sales order and send sales order confirmation to partner, and when delivery is done I have to send shipping notification to partner,and finally have to send invoice to partner.

So overall scenario is :

Inbound : Purchase Order

Outbound : Sales Order Confirmation,

Shipping Notification,

Invoice

I have created technical system,1) Our SAP system, 2) Third Party system for Partner Business Connector system.

and two Business systems for these technical systems.

I have created a Product and software component version for it and assigned to both business system.

All the ALE configuration is done.

Partner has provided me 3 urls for outbound messages, so in ID,under thirt party business system(Partners Business system),i had created 3 communication channel with adapter as BC and giving that 3 urls in each CC.

Now I want to give partner, our address where they can send inbound message(P.O.). But I am not sure,what address should I give to them and what settings I need to do for Inbound message ,that is under which business services i need to define receiver CC .

Hope I am clear,

So please help me on receiveing part and let me know if I had done any mistake on sending part.

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

No need for any URLs here.

If I am correct, your scenario is like this.

Your partner sends the PO and from your system you need to send Sales Order Confirmation, Shipping Notificatioan & Invoice. Now you know where to send the documents to your partner and you need to know how your partner can send PO to your R3 System.

In this case, you need to tell details about your partner system, whether it is a R3 System/Java/thirdparty or simply a webservice. If it is a R3 System then in XI & in your partner system, you need to configure the ALE Settings & other settings (you can find so many helps in SDN as well as SAP Help for this), if it is a Java or thirdpary system, you need to use the Business system/Scenario after which you need to follow the normal procedure for any other scenarios. If it is a webservice you need to configure a sender SOAP adapter. Once this has been done, you can carry on with the receiver side.

Hope this helps.