cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to schedule a job from r3 to BI daily ?

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Please let me know how to schedule a job frm bi to r3, that is i want to load data from a sd ds to a sd cube in bi. I do not want to use a PC and can i schedule a job daily without a PC, which can run daily after 10pm ,remember its not a manual schedule. Do we have any option to schedule in hourly, weekly, daily from bi to r3. If yes HOW ? i know we can do it thru infopackage group but will the infopackage group accept if its only a single load....I think it should have multiple infopackage rite to add it to a group or can it b a single job as well.

Edited by: Manohar P on Oct 16, 2008 3:14 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create an ABAP program on BI to trigger an event in R/3. The job in R/3 can be setup to execute "After event".

This logic works the same way as triggering a process chain on BI from R/3. Search this forum for ZBW_EVENT_RAISE and you can find a solution.

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Geo, Can we add a single load job to a infopackage group and then schdule it instead of a abap program, because i do not know abap that much. My quesiton is will the infopackage group accept only one load job instead of many.

Former Member
0 Kudos

An infopackage group can only run infopackages, and unfortunately, you will need an ABAP program to trigger the event in R/3. There is plenty of ABAP code in this forum to show you exactly how to do this.

Try this:

You can also review OSS Note 135637. This note will show from R/3 to BI (BW). But you can reverse the logic to go from BI to R/3.

Hope this helps.

My suggestion would be to replace the infopackage group with a process chain, because you can call an ABAP program from a process chain. You also have many more processes at your disposal using process chains.

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

No Geo, I need to fetch the data from a SD datasource in R3 to an SD infocube in BI. To do this I need to run schedule the job which will fetch the data from the setup tables and load into PSA and from PSA to the infocube right. We can have a process chain to do all this and automate the process and schedule it at what ever time we need. But is there any other way to do fetch the data from the setup tables instead of process chain /abap program. Can we schdule the job thru infopackage group daily at particular intervals...but my doubt is if its an infopackage group there should be more datarequest to add to a infopackage group rite, so can we add only a single data request to a infopackage group and schedule it hourly, weekly or monthly. Is it possible ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, you can schedule the infopackage group to run whenever you want. However, if you want it to trigger from R/3, then schedule your infopackage group to run "After event" and use the above links to create an ABAP program in R/3 to trigger the event in BI.

Are you asking how to schedule an infopackage group?

Edited by: Geo on Oct 16, 2008 9:53 AM

former_member182467
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes but the infopackage group will have only one datarequest because there is only one cube in my scneario. Generally the infopackage group is used to load for many data rquests scheduled together right. So can we schedule only 1 datarequest in that case how can it be called a infopackage group, Is it possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

y infopacage group, schedule a batch job with proper periodic intervals

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.....

You can schedule the infopackage only......

Check this : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/20/ad673844a7114be10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

You can assign as many InfoPackages as you like to an InfoPackage group.

So I think no issues if you assign only one Infopackage to an infopackage group........

Check this : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/80/1a65b5e07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Hope this helps......

Regards,

Debjani........

Answers (0)