cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance issue: Xi not picking files

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a working interface which picks a txt file and converts to IDOC and sends it to R/3.

It all works fine as long as I have approx 50-60 files in the source directory to be picked up at any time.

However due to some issue with 3rd-party, they dumped around 3000 files at same time in source directory and now XI is not picking anything. Comm channels are green and sxi_monitor has no error.

Is there a way how I can make XI pick these files.

Many thanks

Shirin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirin,

Did u checked if the file permission denies the CC to pick up these files?

Try changing the file permission if the option Process Read-Only file is not enabled in the sender cc.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Krish, Santosh,

Now I can see it has picked a handful of files, so permissions is not an issue.

As per statistics, I have 3700 files in source directory and XI has processed only 20 in last 2 minutes.

So this makes me think there is something to do with performance or is this how XI behaves with large no of files . ( and each file is not more than 2 kb in size)

Polling interval for comm chanels is 20 secs

Regards

Shirin

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>is this how XI behaves with large no of files

Yes. I have experienced this in my production system, when large number of files is posted to process at a instance it pick only few file it can process at the max in a poll.

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Did you then overcome this issue or resigned to fate

Regards

Shirin

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Off course I endure this as nothing was able to done to tune xi to process infinite files at a single instance. The fact is I face this every quarter when ever I process all the missing files for that quarter which would always be around thousands.

Thanks

SaNv....

Former Member
0 Kudos

So looks like I have to go through this pain of XI getting dead-slow.

Appreciate your reply Santosh. Its comforting to know that yuou are not alone facing this

Would there be some white-paper on XI file adapter where it would have documnted its limitations(like in this scenario) and probably a workaround...just wondering!!

Thanks

Shirin

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>Would there be some white-paper on XI file adapter where it would have documnted its limitations(like in this scenario) and probably a workaround...just wondering!!

This is the only such blog I came accross: .

also read throug the comment in it... some of us never do this which is really worthy

Thanks

SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

we faced the same issue and rectified ti by tunning the sxmb_adm Paramenta and as well adding *clusterSyncMode lock* in the sender file adapter, this will help to for multiple nodes in the adapter engine.

for sxmb_adm, check with teh parameter Tunning EO_INBOUND_TO_OUTBOUND to 10

EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT to 10240

EO_OUTBOUND_PARALLEL to 10.

This worked for us and improved the perfomance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

In sxmb_adm, under which tab/title do I find these parameters.

Regards

Shirin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shree,

I have found the parameters on the sxmb_adm but am struggling to find the clusterSyncMode lock.

Can you help advise how to set this parameter.

Many thanks

Shirin

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Addtional Parameter for the sender communication Channel type in the

"clusterSyncMode" and value is "lock "

can you let me know how many nodes do you have in ur PRD system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

This you have to add in additional parameters in sender channel

Possible Parameter values: "lock" or "scheduler"

use "lock" for your problem

Check SAP note 801926

Thanks

Gaurav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prasad_ulagappan2
Contributor
0 Kudos

try to deactivate and activate the file adapter again. Sometimes this will help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shrin,

We had the similar issue with our communication channel where files were not picked up and yet the communicatoin channel were green.

Check the adapter log message whether it has given only Polling started and you are getting polling finished message also.

If you are not getting polling finished message , then it is problem with the adapter engine, ask basis to restart the adapters.

We had the similiar issue and got sorted out by restarting the adapter j2ee engine.

Regards

Krish