Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail sent with HTML body is converted to plain text

jordi_escodaruiz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all:

I'm using FM SO_NEW_DOCUMENT_SEND_API1 with document_type = 'HTM', and filling object_content with an internal table of type solisti1 with HTML content.

When I check the sent mail in transaction SOST the content is correctly displayed, but when it si sent, I receive it converted to plain text, that is, showing the HTML tags instead of formatting it properly.

I've been looking for information, but no succeed.

Could it be a basis configuration problem?

Regards

Jordi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check Raja's article

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5931ff64-0a01-0010-2bb7-ff2...

from the above article take the sending html mail related code and see.

and check your SCOT settings also. I think it is sending as Raw format.

6 REPLIES 6

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check Raja's article

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/5931ff64-0a01-0010-2bb7-ff2...

from the above article take the sending html mail related code and see.

and check your SCOT settings also. I think it is sending as Raw format.

0 Kudos

Dear Vijay:

I tried with your suggest.

No success.

The mail which I receive is still plain text. I can read HTML code, but is not HTML formatted.

I guess there is something to do with the basis configuration.

0 Kudos

did you check the SCOT transaction..? in that check the settings for different formats.?

0 Kudos

Dear Vijay:

Yes. I checked in the SCOT transaction. I tried to configure different formats, but no succeed.

Regads.

Jordi

0 Kudos

post your code, i will also check it once.

jordi_escodaruiz
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I close the thread.

My program was OK.

There was a BASIS problem with the Lotus Connector. Once solved (sorry, I don't know what was done) by BASIS people, the mail is properly shown as HTML mail.