cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is CJI3 run as a batch job on a daily basis?

Former Member
0 Kudos

At my place, CJI3 is run as a daily batch job.

I am not sure if it makes sense to run it every day looking for the Previous Months costs (Posting date is set to last month).

Can you please let me know the functionality or some sort of documentation on this?

I looked at the program documentation but it does not have any info.

Thanks,

Ven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

no answer

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you feel that user need to run daily Cji3 report daily, And data fetch by use reports is too large and takes significant amout of time. Normally Running CJi3 report will not give load on your server because it's only fethes data and not updating database.

however for the to avoid reporting time you can use backgroung job.

Than you can run that reports as Backgorung job in odd time & even download the same in xls format ( but for that your ABAP has do does bit programming ) at specified place on application server.

Daily your power user via one z tcode access the same from application server folder. ( take hlep of ABAP )

Regards

Nitin

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

CJI3 do not perform any particular task that make changes in database.....This is a report used to view Project actuals.

Regards

Abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is true but is it necessary to run it as a batch job on a daily basis to report the Project costs?

This may run into performance issues when there is a large volume of data!!!

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since this will not update data in Database then i dont think there is any use of this report as batch job.

It is like same u are running 542 report as batch job.

Can you plz more explain abt the performance part??

Regards

Abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some reports are run on a daily basis - CN45N for example - even if there is not database update.

That is why I inquired into this CJI3.

Regarding perforamcne - if there is a large volume of data there is a chance that this CJI3 can take long run times and if it is run daily then it is going to be a killer of server resources.

So my question again ::

Do we have to run CJI3 Report as a batch job on a daily basis?

(The end user wants it to be run daily for the Posting date of last month).

What can be the need?