cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

febp

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what is the use of FEBP? what is the difference if compared to FEBA?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

FEBP is used for posting automaticaly in FI all EBS entries which are not yet posted (or a selection of these entries); FEBA is used for displaying the EBS data and for posting individualy the entries. FEBP is nearly the same as program RFEBKA00, without the upload of the datafile into tables FEBKO, FEBEP, etc...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) EBS is electronic bank statement? I check through the forum of EBS but i have not found any full term.

2) you said FEBP is nearly the same as program RFEBKA00 or FF_5, right? but i do not understand you said "without the upload of the datafile into tables FEBKO, FEBEP, etc..."

can explain?

thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Does anyone know how reprocess bank statement items that were not cleared from previous months but updating the posting date of the clearing doc? I know you can use FEBA or FEBP...and in fact if you run FEBA online you can manually change the posting date...but if you want to that for all pending, how can you do it?

We have MT940 integrating only for general ledger (no subsdiary accounting bank statement integration is performed, only the intermediary bank account is cleared).

If for some reason we are not able to clear all the bank movements from a bank statement in month 1 (because you don´t have those open items in accounting) ...and you want to repocess the following, after having posted them...the system still gets the bank statement date of previous month (that came in the import of bank statement)

When in fact that period might be closed already (you may have pending items very old!) ...it does not make sense that you can not set the system to post the clearing date with the current date

I know this is possible if yu run FEBA..there you can manually change the line item to the correct posting date.(in online through batc)..but in FEBP this is not possible...

I also saw SAP note 124655 that has some resemble to this, but its aimed to correct the posting date on the bank statement to the current date...not for reprocess...is there any note, or some config I am missing? I take most companies must have this problem when faced with pending lines to reprocess...can not imagine they all use FEBA and change it manually?!

Thanks in advance for any valid inputs!

Alexandra

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please note that FF_5 and FEBP have not always the same results: in some cases, FF_5 fails for some documents; I retry with FEBP and some documents are now 'posted on account', while there where not posted at all with FF_5. There was no change in customizing and no change in master data or document data between the 2 transactions. I don't know why it is so, and it is the reason why my users prefer do the postprocessing with FEBA rather than a mass postprocessing with FEBP.

former_member194797
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes for EBS and FF_5...

In FF_5, you have to enter the name of the file(s) received from the bank which contain EBS data.

FF_5 will load the data in the different tables and try to post the FI documents. If it fails for some documents, these documents are already uploaded into tables FEBKO, FEBEP, etc,... but not posted in FI.

So you have 2 solutions: FEBP for a mass retry of posting the documents, or FEBA for individual postings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess when you execute FEBP with Posting parameter as 'Post immediately' or 'Generate Batch Input' and system fails to find an open item to clear for one or more lines in the bank statement, you then need to use FEBA to select the incomplete items and post them.