cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Activities' in BCS- how are they generated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Activities in BCS (as per the activity sequence) are they part of the transactional data being generated at posting level 30? If yes how does the system come to know that this is the activity which needs to be executed. For example if there has been a partial divestiture how will the system come to know that this activity has occured and how the corresponding activity for partil divestiture (10) will be identified so that it can be written to the data.

The activity numbers- are they system genererated or we have to supply the same as part of reported data of AFSD?

Pleaes advise.

BR,

SK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, activities are related to posting level 30 consolidation of investments (COI) postings. (There may be other posting level 30 documents as well.)

The COI configuration of location of values determines whether these are generated from totals, additional financial data or both. For additional financial data (AFD) it is entered or loaded into BCS separate from the source ledger totals data. So, as in your example of partial divestiture, if location of values for investments is AFD it will be entered or loaded with the corresponding activity of partial divestiture. If location of values is totals records, in this case, the COI configuration defines what combination of item and subassignments (typically movement type) corresponds to this activity, and when there is activity to this item and subassignment combination, the activity is triggered. In both cases the resulting COI partial divestiture postings will be the same.

The activity numbers are delivered with the BCS system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

Thanks. This helps.

Just to confirm my understanding- did you mean to say that in case I have the 'location of values' specified as totals data base we don't enter the activity specifically in the reported data. It is determined on the basis of item-mov type combination which we enter in C/I customizing.

However, at the same time, it needs to be explicitly entered as part of AFD in case the location of values (for C/I) is AFD.

Is that correct?

Regards,

SK

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please let me clarify.

If the location of values for investments is totals records, then the activity is determined and triggered, only by the item/subassignments configured for each activity in the COI for investments.

On the otherhand, when the location of values for investments is AFD, then the activity must be entered as part of AFD, but must also be entered in the source GL to ensure the accounting in the source ledger is complete.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

This clarifies further. Thanks!

BR,

SK