Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Character 'Od' updating in the download file from SAP Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am facing very strange issue. We are using SAP Query to download some information from SAP to File Server. We are using Private File option from SAP query Output format and path is File Server. User downloading file from File server to there system, but when they downloads the file on local system, at the end of each line and end of file 'Od' character is getting updated. 'Od' stands for the Carriage return. Instead of 'Od' file should update with 'Oa' character. Could you please let me know how to solve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess in File server there should be some script running to update the carraige return... find out with that team and fixing that script will help.

in SAP carraige return is declared as

data: lt_cr type X value'/OD'.

4 REPLIES 4

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess in File server there should be some script running to update the carraige return... find out with that team and fixing that script will help.

in SAP carraige return is declared as

data: lt_cr type X value'/OD'.

0 Kudos

There is no script running, which I already checked. SAP download the output on file server and user download to his local system.

0 Kudos

Problem solved, after upgrade CRLF was incorrectly maintained in data declearion in SAP Query user-exit for the private file output format option

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved. Incorrect data decleartion in user exit of SAP Query