Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System cannot find source storage bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While creating Transfer Order from TR, I am facing this problem:

System cannot find source storage bin.

I have checked in the below settings but Iu2019m unable to trouble shot.

1) In Material Master at WM views

2) In IMG under WM>strategies to see where the strategy directs the system to look for the material.

3) IMG under Logistics Execution > Warehouse Management Strategies > Activate storage type search > Determine searc sequence. Check here if the put away (E) is created fo your warehouse number as well as having storage types assigne to them.

4) Logistics Execution > Warehouse Management > Interfaces Inventory Management > Define movement type. Here you can chec that the settings between the Inventory movement an the Warehouse movement are correct in the 1st option Assign. th next option LE-WM interfaces is where you check if the setting are defined for your warehouse number and movemen types.

5) Logistics Execution > Warehouse Management > Activities transfers > define movement types. here you can define you movement strategies such as auto TO creation storage types etc for your warehouse number and warehous management movement type.

I am still facing the problem.

regards

Jyothi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyothi,

First of all understand the problem clearly. When you say during MIGO you are facing this problem, it means that during Stock Placement you are facing the problems with the Storage Bins. Check for the following;

1. Check for the Storage Type for Putaway, whether you maintained Search Sequence correctly in the Storage type

2. Main thing, check for the Storage Bins within the Storage Type in which you are trying to do Stock Placement.

Whenever the system says System couldn't find any storage bin, ie means that there is no Storage Bins created within the particular Storage Type before TO Creation.

3. While creating TO with reference to TR use foreground option there you can find at which place you are striking.

I hope it will solve your problem.

Best Regards,

Madhu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

From your error message "System cannot find source storage bin" I understood that you are performing a picking activty.(Replenisment picking)

This message will appear.

When there is insufficient stock in the storage bin from where you need to pick.

- Pls ensure that sufficient stock is available in the storage

type storage bin from where you want to pick the stock.

check the stock category as well before creating the TO.

- If so then check the status of the bin whether its in blocked.

It has to work .

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. WM movement type definition and WM-IM interface is not responsible for this since you would have got other kind of error messages.

2. You should check your settings under:

2a) SPRO > LE > WM > Strategies > Activate Storage Type search (whether have you a search strategy for your WH, for stock putaway / removal and so on)

2b) Putaway / Picking startegy in SPRO > LE >WM > Master Data > Define Storage Type - here check the appropriate fields

3. Check in LX02 whether you have stock and the search strategy is suitabel to find it.

You can do one more thing:

When you want to create the TO from the TR and you get the error message, please go to menu > Environment >Stor bin search log (here SAP gives a detailed description how it executes the defined strategy.)

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Oct 16, 2008 3:52 PM