Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Templates getting corrupted

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi BPC users,

We are currently on BPC 5.1 with no SP.

At client side, we use Excel 2007 and on server we have Excel 2003.

When we save files through eTools-Save dynamic templates and open them again, the files are sometimes corrupted and doesnu2019t open properly. The same files when saved to my local machine, gets opened properly. Strangely, the files will be saved properly some times and will be corrupted some other times.

Also, when checked by logging in to file server and open the files we saved, all the files are shown corrupted, even the files which are opened properly at client side, but the templates or files delivered with product are not corrupted.

Is it compatibility issue of Excel 07 on client side and Excel 03 at server?

Will the problem be solved by installing Excel 07 on server or should we get Excel 03 at client end?

Any Help will be greatly appreciated,

Kranthi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Khranti,

Please check the SAP Notes 1240811 on service.sap.com. It contains all the necessary informations to solve your issue.

Regards,

Marcel Frey

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to add : Did you set Excel 2007 to save by default in Excel 2003 format?

Hope this helps

Nic

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Nic, I will try that. After a small reserch we came to know, the files are geting opened as corrupted only on some client machines. So, problem is not with saving to server. It is opening files at client side. The same file will open as corrupted in onle client system and will get opened properly in other.

Regards,

Kranthi

former_member599120
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi kranthi kumar,

The SAP BPC 5.1 recomended using MS.Excel 2003 for client side.

Thanks,

Wandi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kranthi,

Yes it is a compatibility issue. I had the same problem with the dimensions members if another admin had Excel 2007!!!

It is not a problem with what version is the server on! it is only a client issue!

Only save documents in 2003. but you will be able to open them in 2007. but dont overwrite them!!!

It forward compatible but not backward apparently!!!

Nic