cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Federated Portal Related question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am working on federating portal i.e BI portal and EP portal federation.

My question is, for remote role assignments do we need to use the same user store similar to BI and EP or can we use different user stores for the remote roles other than BI and EP.

If so please explain me.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

It will be the best case scenario if you are using the same user store for both consumer and the producer.

However, you can use different user store for the consumer and different user store for the producer, but both needs to be exact replica of each other.

Pls note that in remote role assignment, the consumer executes the role's content on the producer portal and if the user who has logged in consumer and tries to run the content of producer (through remote role assignment) and does not has her userid in producer, she will get to see portal runtime exception instead of the content.

You can get further information on it from the below url:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/5b/9f2d4293825333e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards

Mukesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have gone through the above available options. But, my issue is User stores for Portal and BI are different. Now, i should assign remote roles so that portal will be able to access BI content.

When the option is Full Duplication or Partial duplication how can this be done?

Also, i am not crystal clear about full duplication and Partial duplication.

My portal has a LDAP. If all the SAP users exist on LDAP and as well as in BI UME then will it be called as FULL Duplication or Partial ?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will be full duplication.

Regards,

Anagha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

Yes, you are right, it will be called full duplication. If you want only a part of your producer portal users to access the consumer portal, then only copy those user's credentials to the consumer, this is partial duplication.

Hope it clears.

Please close the thread.

Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sree,

For content sharing interactions between NetWeaver portals in your federation network, users on the consumer portal must also exist in the user store utilized by the producer portal; otherwise runtime authorization for remote-based content will fail.

You may use:

Single user store: Using a single physical user store that serves all your portal installations.

Distributed user stores with exact duplication: Using two or more distributed user stores, typically one at each portal installation, which are exact replicas of one another.

Distributed user stores with partial duplication: Using two or more distributed user stores, typically one at each portal installation, whereby only portal users that are assigned to remote content are copied to the user store on the producer portal.

Since the federated portal network makes use of logon tickets for authentication, the users' logon IDs must be identical on both the consumer portal and the producer portal. Therefore, if you are using user stores of different types within the network, for example LDAP on consumer and ABAP on producer, the logon IDs must be identical across the user bases.

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

Anagha