Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run BDC in Background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When I scheduled a z tcode ( BDC) for transaction ME12 in background . It is not working and show status as cancelled. But it is working fine in forground.

Please suggest how to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

S. Sharma.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Are u uploading the flat file from Presentation Server and then running in Background?? If Yes, it wont work that way. Put the file on Appln Server and then run a Background.

Regards,

Vishwa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think u have to modify ur BDC program also .

If u r using CALL Transaction then add it ADDITION "BACK Ground processing".

Regards

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If u want to get the file from presentation server in backgruond you need to do some settings

Go through this link

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9831750a-0801-0010-1d9e-f8c64efb...

Rewards if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

give the statement

submit RSBDCSUB via selection-screen.

and then give the session name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check bdcmsgcoll table carefully and identify where acctually problem happen.

0 Kudos

Neenu,

If BDC is using Call Transaction method then use Syntax

CALL TRANSACTION <tcode>

USING <bdc_tab>

MODE  <mode>

UPDATE  <update>

In mode  use N no screen then  scheduling the program by using SM36 and SM37 for Backhround the run the BDC.

If BDC is Session Method the use  report RSBDCSUB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

I am not uploading any file from presentaion server. I am only updating some data on some particular condition. It is working fine when user run it manualy. But in background job it shows the status as cancelled.

Regards

S.Sharama.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sharma,

Kindly provide more details like code u have written, are you using batch input or Call transaction, what is exact error you are getting when you say cancelled.

Regards,

Jaffer.