cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find out from which table a ES gets his data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm now asking myself (for a couple of hours) how I can find out from which table(s) a Enterprise Service gets his data. I don't find any hint about this on ES Workplace, sproxy or soamanager. Has anyone a usefull hint for me?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

This actually is an excellent question, as it allows to clearly realize, that ES Repository is only a modeling device and it does not contain any implementation details.

If you are interested in implementation details, then Services Registry and the respective backend system are your friends, as Enterprise Services are implemented in these backend systems and then published in the central phone book - the Services Registry.

If you haven't applied yet for the free access to the ES Workplace systems, do so as this will give you access to the SAP ERP discovery system that implements all the ECC related Enterprise Services.

Now, if you want to see the implementation details for a given service - start from the ES Workplace. Go to the Services Registry and find an ECC service of interest. Then, on the General tab of the service you will find the Namespace and Internal Name. Having these two values, log on to the ES Workplace ECC system, start transaction SE80 and select Enterprise Services Browser. If this option is not available, go to Menu -> Utilities -> Settings and select Enterprise Service Browser. Find the namespace and the service (by its internal name) then navigate to the implementing code - which typically is an ABAP Object interface and an implementing class.

The only reason I am referring to the ES Workplace Service Registry and its discovery system is, because it is a platform we all have access to. Each client builds their own SOA landscape, where only certain Enterprise Services are published in the Services Registry. And, of course, the system landscape can be more complex - containing not only ECC but other SAP Business Suite products.

I hope this helps a bit.

Regards,

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrzej,

thank you for your answer. It really helped. But I simply can'T find the implementation code. For example the Service http://sap.com/xi(APPL/SE/Global --> CustomerERPByIDQueryResponse_In.

Could you give me a click by click description to find the code?

Greetings Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

Try this:

1. Log in to system HU2 (free access available upon registration on ES Workplace).

2. Start transaction SE80. If wide pushbutton [Enterprise Services Browser] is not available in the upper left hand side of the screen, along with [Repository Browser], [Transport Organizer] and so on - go to Menu->Utilities->Settings and mark Enterprise Services Browser.

3. In the lower, left hand side section find and expand ESA ECC-SE 603.

4. Expand Service Interfaces.

5. Scroll down a little bit and you will see a green dot next to CustomerERPByIDQueryResponse_In. Double click on it.

6. On the right hand side section of the screen double click on Provider Class: CL_BPC_CUSTOMERIDQR.

7. Method EXECUTE_SYNCHRONOUS implements this service.

You need to do it in the SAP ECC system with the SOA content, therefore I used HU2 as a reference, as this system is available to you and it has this content. Some ABAP knowledge will help here, too.

Regards,

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrzej,

thank you very much for your answer! Now I finaly found the data i was looking for.

Answers (0)