cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchase Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am adding one Purchase Order in SAP B1 2005B PL32 in which I have selected two items

1) Inventory Item (Raw Material)

2) Non-Inventory item ( Consumables)

while adding PO message box appears saying system will create a sub-ordinate purchase order. Do you want to add this document? If I say Add further it gives error of Cannot Retreive Tax Information.

Any idea about this?

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My suggestion:

Try in your test databse, to create different PO with different inventory and non-inventory items to see if the problem would be the same.

You need to check if that non-inventory item in your PO the following:

There is a check box under inventory tab Manage Inventory by Warehouse. It should be checked so that the warehouse checking can be passed without problem.

Tax could be another issue. Solve one problem at a time.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordan,

If I Un-tick the split check box, it works perfectly without any error.

Now, if I check the split order Box, it gives me error Cannot retreive tax information

Regards,

Abhishek

Edited by: Abhishek A on Oct 17, 2008 7:33 AM

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this thread :

Regards,

Jitin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jitin,

So, this error Cannot Retreive Tax Information is only due to Split purchase order or can be for other reasons?

Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In B1 purchase order, there is a tick box split purchase order and it can be a default or ticked manually. The field location is on the logistic tab if tick manually, if it is default, you will see the PO document title is PO blanket. Just open the document setting from the admin module --> system Initialization --> click tab per document --> drill down and search the purchase order. Click it once and then the tick box split purchase order will be available. Just tick it to delete the tick.

If you have 2 different items with different warehouse code, the system will display the message to ask you to split the purchase order. It means that there will be 2 PO after add the current PO. If not, you can click cancel and then change the warehouse code to be as same as in the 1st item or 2nd item and the split purchase order tick box is unticked.

For the tax issue, you have to define tax code in the tax setup form

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

About Tax code, I have already create tax codes & used one of it, in that PO?

So can you through some views on it?

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

It might be that you have to mark subordinate purchase order your document settings. also you you should mark it in logistics tab of purchase order document setting.

Also you should check the default warehouse settings.

regards Steffen