Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Table Maintenance Generator when New Fields are Added

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a Z-Table for which there is a Table Maintenance Generator and it works fine. Now, when I add new Fields to that, I assume I need to Regenerate the Table Maintenance Generator again. If yes, what are the Steps / Precautions to be taken while Regenerating the Table Maitenance Generator? I assume regeneration erases all the code which was written previously. Please provide your Inputs.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are adding new field for Existing ztable ,No need to Change TMG again.Already existing entries will be there.

You can add values to newly with new field .

Addition of new fields won't impact the existing table contents

6 REPLIES 6

naveen_inuganti2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..,

1. goto Utilities -> TMG from SE11 table in change mode.

2. There you can get DELETE icon in application tool bar.

3. Just Click on that delete button.

4. After deletion you may get some waring or log message , ignore that one and come back to table display screen.

5. Now create new TMG.

As this deletion process should also arages the screen and program generated for your TMG. Coming back to initial screen makes some convienence to propose current screen number to your new TMG.

Also you can check in the program( in the function group ) or From SM30 -> your TMG -> System -> Status.

Thanks,

Naveen.I

0 Kudos

So, this means, everytime the Table Structure is changed, we need to generate a new TMG? Correct?

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before Regeneartion take the backup of the events code. and see if you make any changes to the screens. after the Tablemaintenance generation , apply the changes and add the events logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are adding new field for Existing ztable ,No need to Change TMG again.Already existing entries will be there.

You can add values to newly with new field .

Addition of new fields won't impact the existing table contents

0 Kudos

Hi..,

You wrote..,

>So, this means, everytime the Table Structure is changed, we need to generate a new TMG? Correct?

Ya, this was correct to change the structure handled by the TMG.,

Otherwise some times it may jumps into Dump, if you try to enter new contents from SE11.

as in below thread:

Link: [Ztable into Dump|;

Thanks,

Naveen.I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all your replies. Issue has been resolved.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri