cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output-Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I need to configure the Output. The Output should trigger when I PGI (not after saving the delivery document). The transmission medium is IDOC (EDI).

what is the standard output type i can use for this? I think i need to only copy the standard output type and change the transmission medium. Do i also need to configure the Partner Profile for this?

Awaiting ur replies.

thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Anil.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Define a new delivery O/p type. Maintain the transmission medium as EDI.

When mainatining the determination procedure there is something called requirement. In that routine, put a condition that system should check if the delivery is PGI'ed. It will access to see if PGI date is updated in LIKP. Only then it will trigger. Put that condition in the requirement routine.

Explain the same to the ABAPer. He will need an accesskey to code the routine.

Then assign the O/p determination procedure to the delivbery type. Maintain the condition records.. You also need to maintain the partner determination of the partner to whom you are assigning the O/p.

Since the transmission medium is EDI, you need to define new partner profile to the receiver. This is done in WE20. For that you 1st need to define the messsage type in WE30. Assign that message type (IDOC type) to the partner profile in WE20. You also need to define the logical port (destination port) of the receiver. Assign the port to the partner in WE20.

Also for processing the IDOC, the ABAPer also has to code the IDOC processing prog. Assign that in WE20. You will get to know all these details when you go to WE20.

To test a sample IDOC do itin WE19.

By this, when the delivery is PGI'ed, the system will trigger the IDOC & send it to the transmission medium (may be a UNIX file). You can know the UNIX path in WE02. In VL02N --> Extras -> Delivery O/p --> Header --> select the O/p & click on processing log. It will give you the IDOC num.

Enter that IDOC num in WE02 along with the date on which it is triggered. Click on the status messages. If it is successfully processed, it will give you the UNIX path.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anil,

Are you talking about Delivery Note output?

You can copy a standard and change the transmission medium, program (RSNASTED) and Form routine (EDI_PROCESSING if transmission medium is 6 and ALE_PROCESSING if transmission medium is A).

Check the partner functions for the output to see if you need to add any other partner function. You might have to change the access sequence on the output to something that you want.

Then add this new output type to your output determination procedure and enter the requirement "1" which is a SAP standard output requirement that issues the output only if the delivery has been PGI'ed.

Yes...you will have to setup partner profiles using t-code WE20. Take your BASIS help on this.

Regards,

Chandan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You also need to maintain the Medium EDI in the partner functions in NACE.