cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC- Integration with non-sap system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one of the selling points for GRC is that it integrates with non-sap systems. However I am finding it very difficult to find any detailed information on this point. How does this work? Do you need to upload a different ruleset? I assume the ruleset for sap will not apply to other systems.

Which systems exactly can it integrate with. Is there any functionality that cannot be used with other systems. Can you use Access Enforcer? I assume that Firefighter and Risk Terminator will only work with SAP?

If anybody has any information on the above points or could point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gary,

With respect to AC 5.3 :

1. "one of the selling points for GRC is that it integrates with non-sap systems. However I am finding it very difficult to find any detailed information on this point. How does this work?"

Yes, GRC is integrates with non-sap systems as well. This happens through different Real Time Agents (RTAs) for different applications.

2. "Do you need to upload a different ruleset? I assume the ruleset for sap will not apply to other systems.

"

Yes you need to upload different rulesets for different applications. Yes, Rulesets for SAP will not work for other applications as well.

3. "Which systems exactly can it integrate with"

SAP, Peoplesoft, Oracle, Legacy, JD Edwards, Portal

4. "Can you use Access Enforcer? I assume that Firefighter and Risk Terminator will only work with SAP?"

Yes, you can use AE. However FF and RT are only for SAP

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find (and download if you wish) the related documentation here:

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000691285&;

For CUP, "Auto provisioning is only available to SAP systems and non-SAP systems supported with RTAs. Non-RTA systems, such as legacy systems, can only be provisioned manually." (taken from page 158 of the Config Guide). I believe systems with supported RTAs include Oracle, PeopleSoft, JDE, and Portal.

For ERM, role maintenance is still only "live" for SAP ABAP systems. "The Enterprise, non-SAP, and SAP EP connectors are descriptive connectors used to document the landscape to which each role belongs. The SAP connector is a live system connector that facilitates the transfer of data between Enterprise Role Management and other SAP ABAP systems." (taken from page 232 of the Config Guide).

Hope this helps!

Answers (0)