cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS -BSPivew not pickin up personnel num from team viewer when 1st loaded??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We're using r/3 4.7, MSS 60.1.20. In MSS/employee profile, we are creating a number of custom BSP's which we will then assiociate with an iview. A number of these iviews will be on one page.

Our problem is that when employee profile is loaded first, our BSP iview is not picking up a personnel number, therefore the information is not being populated.

If you click on an employee in the team viewer, the BSP Iview is updated accordingly.

So my question, how do you get the BSP Iview to display the info for the first employee?

Is it that the team viewer is loaded before the BSP so therefore the BSP can't pick up any events?

Any guidance would be most welcome,

Liz.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To resloved this issue, in the onLoad event of the body of the html page i called a piece of javascript which searched for the pernr in the cookie and then reloaded the page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liz,

Try to incorporate the below step in your BSP and I think it should resolve your problem:

- Check in the BSP if the pernr is null or blank. If it is null or blank then refresh your BSP or redirect your BSP to the same page.

I have done the same in Portal component and it works.

Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukesh,

Firstly thanks for the response. Would you mind clarifying your solution a little. What do you mean by 'refresh your BSP'?

If the BSP has already missed the event fired by the team viewer, how will refreshing the BSP subsequestly pick it up?

Sorry, I'm fairly new to all this.

Many thanks,

Liz.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to check four conditions while trying to fetch the pernr that is being passed by the team viewer. Those four conditions are as below:

switch(cKey.getState())

{

case 1: // '\001'

//here you need to write your code

break;

case 2: // '\002'

cKey.sendRedirect(request, response);

break;

case 3: // '\003'

//this state means that no data has been passed by the CKey.

break;

case 4: // '\004'

//this state means the personnel number passed is invalid

break;

}

This is what is done in Portal component that needs to be integrated with team viewer.

Now, your code falls into 2nd condition where you need to programatically refresh you iView and forward the same request. This is defenitely resolve your problem.

I am not an expert in BSP and so can't provide you BSP code. But the above mentioned is the way to achieve the solution, for sure.

Regards

Mukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please close the thread if your problem is resolved.

Regards

Mukesh