Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled Exception: Invalid field name

holger_kopf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

i developed a ASPX application, using CrystalReports 10.

If i open the ASPX page which generates a Crystal Report it works on all PCs.

BUT on PCs with a japanese XP it won't.

I allways get this error:

Invalid field name.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Invalid field name.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x800001fd):

Invalid field name.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +0

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +72

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() +218

[Exception: The Report failed to load.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() +270

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +738

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportClass.Load(String reportName, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +420

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.s() +74

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument. (Object C) +41

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.SetDataSource(DataSet dataSet) +21

gwt.printbp_preview.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\scs\printbp_preview.aspx.cs:487

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +67

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750

Can anyone help me ?

Regards holger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Holger;

The error indicates the report is unable to find the field it is looking for. Is the database you are connecting to on the Japanese computer, the same database that the report was designed against? My guess is that there is something different in the database, or the way that the OS is handling the language version for the database.

Regards,

Jonathan

Answers (0)